Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh and if you really want to flame me again, cycling to and from Worthing Friday:

Essentials as such, buying an M&S voucher for my sisters Birthday, Lidl - cheap blue cheese, Pound shop - bin liners, paracetamol and ciggie lighters

Add me to another list if you dare however ensures both me and the wife don't go to Tescos together for weekly shop

Now this I would describe as an angry response. Just accept that people hold differing opinions and remind yourself that is all it is, an opinion. It’s not going to hurt you or stop you doing what you feel to be correct.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I’m not in the least bit angry. I just know my own mind and am capable of expressing this in words. I’m sorry that you have mistaken this for anger, you miss a lot by making ill thought out assumptions.

So making comments like makes my piss boil isn't anger, I miss nothing it is very clear what gets you so angry.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So making comments like makes my piss boil isn't anger, I miss nothing it is very clear what gets you so angry.

I haven’t made the comment “makes my piss boil”. Where did you get that from? I haven’t said it , so clearly you do miss quite a lot.
Accuse me of whatever you wish, I won’t take it to heart but please do me the courtesy of being accurate.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh and if you really want to flame me again, cycling to and from Worthing Friday:

Essentials as such, buying an M&S voucher for my sisters Birthday, Lidl - cheap blue cheese, Pound shop - bin liners, paracetamol and ciggie lighters

images

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
WTF do you expect a PM to have ?

The point being that it wasn’t a solo bike ride, he travelled well outside of his local area and much further away than plenty of other parks he could have exercised in, with 2 or 3 other people. Nothing else to add here as it’s clearly open to interpretation but this is supposed to be a lockdown and obviously the rules are, once again, totally unclear.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Flame me, I cycled 5.5 miles to Hove and 5.5 miles back to buy an essential part of dinner tonight, Canham & Sons pork and mustard sausage rolls.

If this is a comment in relation to Boris's bike ride, it's irrelevant. You travelled to buy food. Was Boris travelling on his bike to pick up some Canham & Sons pork and mustard sausage rolls?

The issue that's been brought up after Boris's bike ride is how far you are allowed to got for exercise? It's not specifically to do with cylcing. The Government are advising everyone to "stay local" and "stay in your village, town, or part of the city" but the Police Commissioner has said "local is a relative term" and even suggested you can travel as far as you want for exercise if it's from your front door and back, which seems to contradict the Government's guidelines of staying "local". So even the police and Government can't agree on it. I don't see what's wrong with people just wanting the guidelines to be clearer (like they are in Northern Ireland and Scotland).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If this is a comment in relation to Boris's bike ride, it's irrelevant. You travelled to buy food. Was Boris travelling on his bike to pick up some Canham & Sons pork and mustard sausage rolls?

The issue that's been brought up after Boris's bike ride is how far you are allowed to got for exercise? It's not specifically to do with cylcing. The Government are advising everyone to "stay local" and "stay in your village, town, or part of the city" but the Police Commissioner has said "local is a relative term" and even suggested you can travel as far as you want for exercise if it's from your front door and back, which seems to contradict the Government's guidelines of staying "local". So even the police and Government can't agree on it. I don't see what's wrong with people just wanting the guidelines to be clearer (like they are in Northern Ireland and Scotland).

I think front-door-and-back is pretty solid guidance in the most part.

I get that cyclists will pop out for 100+ mile jaunts, but those are very much the exception.

In short, this would stop a lot of people driving to the same well-known beauty spots, and make them think a bit more imaginatively about what's accessible from home.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think front-door-and-back is pretty solid guidance in the most part.

I get that cyclists will pop out for 100+ mile jaunts, but those are very much the exception.

In short, this would stop a lot of people driving to the same well-known beauty spots, and make them think a bit more imaginatively about what's accessible from home.

Exactly this. Boris didn’t do anything wrong (assuming he cycled there).

I don’t have any particularly long runs planned atm but the furthest I’ve done during the pandemic is Alfriston and back from home.....barely saw a soul (apart from around Ditchling Beacon car park). Would consider doing the same again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The point being that it wasn’t a solo bike ride, he travelled well outside of his local area and much further away than plenty of other parks he could have exercised in, with 2 or 3 other people. Nothing else to add here as it’s clearly open to interpretation but this is supposed to be a lockdown and obviously the rules are, once again, totally unclear.

He’s the pm, he won’t go anywhere at all without security.
7m is NOTHING on bike. Well outside his local area ? Hardly.
He was exercising, outdoors, reasonably. Simple IMO.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
THere must be a gym room @ No10 ? If I was PM I'd have a full on virtual TdF bike machine. complete with French fans chucking pots of piss at you whilst climbing Huez to gee you up a bit. (he's probably got that bit in the kinky wing anyway)

The bottom line must be there can't be any wrongs or rights as there's no defining rule. . . . .

I walk from home out and about every day with our dog. river bank/beach, round the houses, what ever seems like a quiet interesting walk at the time. my neighbour ( complete tool, example, pours boiling water on his Porsche windscreen when its icy) drives everywhere to walk his dog ( fashion accessory dog, not a Heinz 57) I feel I have the moral high ground, but that's all.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I think the issue is less whether what he did was technically wrong or right but the way that it has been seen (some might say seized upon) by a variety of people. Either Johnson didn't realise that this would happen in which case he's an idiot or he did in which case there is some ulterior motive.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wonder if Johnson erodes employment law further, will people be okay with being unfairly dismissed because the law hasn’t been broken?
Johnson deliberately makes fuzzy laws so he can do whatever he jolly well likes.

Anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves. I think there’s a few on here that won’t allow themselves to believe we are being lead by cynical, self serving ********s who don’t have a clue how to handle Covid restrictions. Makes life a bit easier to bear I suppose, but with that attitude, we all lose. That’s how kakocratic governments like this one get voted in time and again.
It’s fear. And it works.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think the issue is less whether what he did was technically wrong or right but the way that it has been seen (some might say seized upon) by a variety of people. Either Johnson didn't realise that this would happen in which case he's an idiot or he did in which case there is some ulterior motive.

I think the issue is rather more simplistic, for Tory fanboys and those less likely to enter rabid political debates he’s done nothing wrong, move on, nothing to see here and for everyone else he’s pure scum [emoji6]

Awaits the inevitable Guinness Boy assessment.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I agree, there was anything inherently wrong in what the PM did.

The point however is that members of the public are being ostracised and (mistakenly fined) for also exercising outside in a socially distanced manner. Whether the exercise is outside your front door or five miles away is irrelevant to the transmission of the virus, it is your proximity to other people. This focus on distance is a distraction designed to pile further blame on the public and to deflect from the failings of the government.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't think he's done anything wrong :shrug:

He's done something fairly stupid, or very clever, if he wants to take focus from something else. Given his history, I wonder which it could be :lolol:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Johnson and Hancock have both had Covid. They are immune to it now and can’t pass it on.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I wonder if Johnson erodes employment law further, will people be okay with being unfairly dismissed because the law hasn’t been broken?
Johnson deliberately makes fuzzy laws so he can do whatever he jolly well likes.

Anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves. I think there’s a few on here that won’t allow themselves to believe we are being lead by cynical, self serving ********s who don’t have a clue how to handle Covid restrictions. Makes life a bit easier to bear I suppose, but with that attitude, we all lose. That’s how kakocratic governments like this one get voted in time and again.
It’s fear. And it works.

Or there are a few on here who disagree with your analysis. It happens. I suppose it is more comforting to believe that people are deluded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here