[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I completely agree. There's enough meaningful sticks to beat Johnson with, no need to go for him on something so ridiculous. However I suspect his advisors know this and are quite happy for this to take up front page news as opposed to other stuff.

In which case anyone trying to make political capital over the bike ride is shooting their cause in the foot

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

...who went for a modest bike ride, seemingly from his house. Nothing to see if that’s the case.

The issue with the two women as I understand it was the area they went to had been made ‘locals only’ (like Steyning by the sound of things) and although they’d only gone 5 miles they’d come from a different district. Police were still way too heavy handed though regardless.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Johnson went for a solo bike ride and broke no laws, posed no risk to anyone. 7 miles away from home in his own city.

So it’s just people such as you, out to make party political capital out of a complete non event.

It is a complete non-event and if one good thing came out it, he was shocked at how many people were going about their day as normal if reports are to believed.

I also hope he reminded himself of the millions he wasted on a helter-skelter white elephant and a cable car system nobody wanted during his time as London Mayor.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
...who went for a modest bike ride, seemingly from his house. Nothing to see if that’s the case.

The issue with the two women as I understand it was the area they went to had been made ‘locals only’ (like Steyning by the sound of things) and although they’d only gone 5 miles they’d come from a different district. Police were still way too heavy handed though regardless.

Sadly the two women incident and similar ones in the past, have been seized upon by the full array of covid deniers, libertarians and the large minority now brazenly ignoring face mask wearing or meeting mates laws. The police every day would be making thousands of right calls, but the UK media and social media love any excuse to hype an error. Music to the ears of the millions who despise rules and ‘big government/s’.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am not at all bothered by Johnson's bike ride, seems perfectly reasonable to me. However, I am pretty surprised, and peed off about his, and Hancock's visits to the new vaccination centres, on the very day the Chief Medical advisor spent all morning on national radio telling us to stay at home, work from home and think carefully about every single interaction we have. What do they do, travel to indoor venues full of vulnerable people, for a photo opportunity. I think that's pretty poor form, and the blokes got form.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Johnson went for a solo bike ride and broke no laws, posed no risk to anyone. 7 miles away from home in his own city.

So it’s just people such as you, out to make party political capital out of a complete non event.

Solo bike ride accompanied by security detail. Whatever.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am not at all bothered by Johnson's bike ride, seems perfectly reasonable to me. However, I am pretty surprised, and peed off about his, and Hancock's visits to the new vaccination centres, on the very day the Chief Medical advisor spent all morning on national radio telling us to stay at home, work from home and think carefully about every single interaction we have. What do they do, travel to indoor venues full of vulnerable people, for a photo opportunity. I think that's pretty poor form, and the blokes got form.

We were chatting about this at home at the time - he didn’t need to be there. Much better if he’d had a video link and explained why he couldn’t be there in person........help reinforce the message. Opportunity missed.

Failing that, perhaps he could have cycled or jogged there for his daily exercise [emoji16]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think the confusion the public have about this rather inconsequential bike ride (which I believe to be legal and low risk) is enough proof that the rules the government have produced are far too vague and open to interpretation. He has brought this on himself. Not that he cares.

And as for all the "this is about political leanings" talk. Yes it is. I believe Johnson to be a feeble minded, bullshitting gadabout with no respect for the office he holds, no aptitude for leadership and an all round "balls to you lot" attitude. So yeah, I will be quite critical of the idiot and his actions whether that be as trivial as him travelling 7 miles in a lockdown or as insidious as him changing laws so he can get away with breaking them.

Balls to him.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The simple fact that they refuse to confirm that he cycled from his door can only mean that he didn't. So - yes, he's been stupid to even allow an opportunity to be accused of breaking the spirit of the rules; which is what they are now promoting.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the confusion the public have about this rather inconsequential bike ride (which I believe to be legal and low risk) is enough proof that the rules the government have produced are far too vague and open to interpretation. He has brought this on himself. Not that he cares.

And as for all the "this is about political leanings" talk. Yes it is. I believe Johnson to be a feeble minded, bullshitting gadabout with no respect for the office he holds, no aptitude for leadership and an all round "balls to you lot" attitude. So yeah, I will be quite critical of the idiot and his actions whether that be as trivial as him travelling 7 miles in a lockdown or as insidious as him changing laws so he can get away with breaking them.

Balls to him.

Shall we put you down as “undecided”?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Flame me, I cycled 5.5 miles to Hove and 5.5 miles back to buy an essential part of dinner tonight, Canham & Sons pork and mustard sausage rolls.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Flame me, I cycled 5.5 miles to Hove and 5.5 miles back to buy an essential part of dinner tonight, Canham & Sons pork and mustard sausage rolls.

9385051.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Balls to him.

The amount of anger energy you must burn up is frightening to say the least

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh and if you really want to flame me again, cycling to and from Worthing Friday:

Essentials as such, buying an M&S voucher for my sisters Birthday, Lidl - cheap blue cheese, Pound shop - bin liners, paracetamol and ciggie lighters

Add me to another list if you dare however ensures both me and the wife don't go to Tescos together for weekly shop

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The amount of anger energy you must burn up is frightening to say the least

I’m not in the least bit angry. I just know my own mind and am capable of expressing this in words. I’m sorry that you have mistaken this for anger, you miss a lot by making ill thought out assumptions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here