Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Covid Passports *may* allow return to full Premier League crowds

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Got the QR code on my NHS app working nicely containing all my vaccine info. Just a quick flash should get me in.

John Barrowman, I presume?

On a more serious note, the phone signal around the Amex isn't that great at the best of times, I dread to think how it's going to cope with 30,000 people all having to open an app on their phones in a window between about 14.15 and 14.45 on a game day (times may vary depending on stupid Sky schedulers).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
More hype really. Human rights will mean that this is empty threats and testing will be acceptable

Thought the Human Rights act was getting torn up as we used European one previously and the current govt we keen to do away with it.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
:facepalm: ...you were stating pzifer is harder to store ...it was but isn’t now ..which I was pointing out....please none of this end of crap Mr Angry...u r better than that
Ohhhh Yes you can!!!

I called around and asked what vaccine each centre was giving. Then I booked the one that told me Pfizer !!

Hardly rocket science.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk
That has shut him up. He thinks is he right about everything. When I went for my first jab in March I could choose which one I wanted by simply joining a que.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Reading the reviews of the NHS app on Playstore, it only has a rating of 2.8 and there are far too many 1 star reviews where the app just doesn't work or fails over after registering that in its current state I would suggest that it's a non starter for football.
I would image that for a game at the Amex with 32,000 attending the app probably won't work for about 10,000 and when attending it probably would give access to the vaccine certificate at the gates for another 5,000 or so.

It just seems to be another Government approach where the digital solution is thought to be best but it is poorly built released before bugs are resolved, despite feedback next to nothing is fixed.

If this idea goes ahead without substantial improvements I can see PBs inbox being full up with emails seeking details on how can I attend given the app doesn't work.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If they're gonna do certificates/ID for football, might as well include a few extra boxes - eg

"Chicken or fish?"

"Were you a season ticket holder when Albion played at Gillingham?"

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Good idea. Hope it happens. With efficacy of the AZ jab believed to be only 60 % against the Indian variant we need to do whatever we can to minimize the likelihood of people carrying the virus into the stadium.

That’s not quite correct , the AZ double vaccine data is several weeks behind the Pfizer because it was approved later . When they do further test data in the next month they have said they expect AZ affective ness against the Indian to rise to something much closer to Pfizer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally I think they are talking up the likelihood of covid passports or certificates in an effort to encourage people to get jabbed. I don't think it will happen.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another great plan from the Government, remove the compulsory need for covid passports in pubs and restaurants where you are indoors and close to people with limited ventilation but look to introduce it for football where you are sitting or standing outside.

The suggestion I’m concerned about is that pubs & restaurants will remain having to use social distancing, masks and sitting only after June 21st. I’d prefer to Covid-passport myself into a pub and have it like it was pre-covid than to continue with the current restrictions!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Reading the reviews of the NHS app on Playstore, it only has a rating of 2.8 and there are far too many 1 star reviews where the app just doesn't work or fails over after registering.

The reviews should be taken with a shovelful of salt as the "Covid is caused by 5G" crowd were sabotaging the reviews in an effort to get the app pulled.

Yoda

English & European
The suggestion I’m concerned about is that pubs & restaurants will remain having to use social distancing, masks and sitting only after June 21st. I’d prefer to Covid-passport myself into a pub and have it like it was pre-covid than to continue with the current restrictions!

Why would they if stage four of unlocking goes ahead? The government announced a month ago they were dropping the idea of Covid Passports in pubs and restaurants.

Which is also when this story originates from:

UK drops plans for mandatory ‘Covid passports’ in pubs and restaurants
Government review expected to recommend vaccine certificates only for larger events such as theatres and sports arenas
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...atory-covid-passports-in-pubs-and-restaurants

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That’s not quite correct , the AZ double vaccine data is several weeks behind the Pfizer because it was approved later . When they do further test data in the next month they have said they expect AZ affective ness against the Indian to rise to something much closer to Pfizer.

I hope so as my wife and I have had the AZ. After initial euphoria I have to admit to getting a bit nervous again this past week.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Don't see why people who turn down the opportunity for a vaccination should still expect to get free NHS treatment in intensive care when they become very ill from COVID. Only those exempt should be those with health reasons where you can't have the jab. Reckon they should have a cut-off date to encourage as many people as possible to get vaccinated. Where I live there are still tens of thousands who haven't had the jab yet even though it has been offered to them. If they had got their jabs hardly any would end up in intensive care which costs around £1000 per day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:facepalm: ...you were stating pzifer is harder to store ...it was but isn’t now ..which I was pointing out....please none of this end of crap Mr Angry...u r better than that

Ohhhh Yes you can!!!

I called around and asked what vaccine each centre was giving. Then I booked the one that told me Pfizer !!

Hardly rocket science.

Can I choose which vaccine I get?
It will not be possible to give a choice between different vaccines as the healthcare professional vaccinating you will have to use the vaccine that is available at the time of your appointment.

The vaccines approved for use in the UK have met strict standards of safety, quality and effectiveness set out by the independent Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).

Any coronavirus vaccine that is approved must go through all the clinical trials and safety checks all other licensed medicines go through. The MHRA follows international standards of safety

FAQs
https://www.leedsccg.nhs.uk/health/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/frequently-asked-questions/

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why would they if stage four of unlocking goes ahead? The government announced a month ago they were dropping the idea of Covid Passports in pubs and restaurants.

Which is also when this story originates from:

UK drops plans for mandatory ‘Covid passports’ in pubs and restaurants
Government review expected to recommend vaccine certificates only for larger events such as theatres and sports arenas
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...atory-covid-passports-in-pubs-and-restaurants

I am talking about voluntary use of Covid passports in hospitality alongside mandatory use in events after June 21st. Hospitality venues MUST be given the option of using this system if all restrictions are not removed on the 21st June.

The thought that there won’t be any restrictions of any sort after June 21st is Johnson propaganda, Witty and Valance have been saying that restrictions of some sort will remain with us for months. The roadmap is politically charged with the idea that it’ll all be over in 3 weeks. The rise in the spread of the Indian variant is already casting serious doubt on normality returning any time soon. I noticed that the Tynemouth festival was cancelled today.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't see why people who turn down the opportunity for a vaccination should still expect to get free NHS treatment in intensive care when they become very ill from COVID. Only those exempt should be those with health reasons where you can't have the jab. Reckon they should have a cut-off date to encourage as many people as possible to get vaccinated. Where I live there are still tens of thousands who haven't had the jab yet even though it has been offered to them. If they had got their jabs hardly any would end up in intensive care which costs around £1000 per day.

Where would it all end though? Stop repeated McDonalds offenders from receiving treatment?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It will not be possible to give a choice between different vaccines as the healthcare professional vaccinating you will have to use the vaccine that is available at the time of your appointment.

The vaccines approved for use in the UK have met strict standards of safety, quality and effectiveness set out by the independent Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).

Any coronavirus vaccine that is approved must go through all the clinical trials and safety checks all other licensed medicines go through. The MHRA follows international standards of safety

FAQs
https://www.leedsccg.nhs.uk/health/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/frequently-asked-questions/
Are you still arguing this point lol?!?

Some test centres purely use one vaccine. When you call up they tell you what they use. So just book the vaccine centre with the vaccine you want.

Couldn't be simpler.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

FAQs

Not sure why uve included me in that post because ive said nothing that says to the contrary :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Where would it all end though? Stop repeated McDonalds offenders from receiving treatment?

I don’t think that’s the same. Repeated McDonalds offenders are endangering only themselves. It’s a purely financial argument. Vaccine refusers during a pandemic are risking the health of others. Such a policy would be prioritizing society over the individual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here