Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Covid Passports *may* allow return to full Premier League crowds

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
-Sir, there seems to be some controversy over the idea of vaccine certificates.
-What?
-Seems some people think it might lead to a two teir society with prejudice and infighting etc
-We need to make them popular. People like football right? Lets suggest it might help them get to watch football
-Good idea, sir!

Exactly this. Football is simply the current 'vehicle' being used to get traction / acceptance for the certificate thing. I have no issue with showing a certificate (I am fortunate enough to have had both of my jabs for a good while), but I believe that this is simply an idea being used to 'show the advantages' of certification.

Expect more 'advantages' to be floated by govt over the next few weeks, and of course, kickback from those who object to vaccines / certification for all kinds of reasons.

Football is being used as a political football- there's a first :shrug:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
A sound idea in principle...however what about the small minority of people that cannot have the vaccine in any form for medical reasons,are they to be excluded from large crowd events? As others have stated,if it gets us back sooner and gets the economy moving great...unfortunately there will be some left behind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A sound idea in principle...however what about the small minority of people that cannot have the vaccine in any form for medical reasons,are they to be excluded from large crowd events? As others have stated,if it gets us back sooner and gets the economy moving great...unfortunately there will be some left behind.

Nah......if the certificate route is deployed (as pointed out, it’s basically there already with the NHS app), there will also be some form of ‘exemption certificate’ I reckon (easy for your GP to add this to your record in the same way vacc data has been added). Vaccinated numbers will be such in a few months time that the numbers of unvaccinated people won’t pose much of a risk to the NHS so no need for them to be ‘excluded’.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Nah......if the certificate route is deployed (as pointed out, it’s basically there already with the NHS app), there will also be some form of ‘exemption certificate’ I reckon (easy for your GP to add this to your record in the same way vacc data has been added). Vaccinated numbers will be such in a few months time that the numbers of unvaccinated people won’t pose much of a risk to the NHS so no need for them to be ‘excluded’.

Let’s hope so.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Exactly this. Football is simply the current 'vehicle' being used to get traction / acceptance for the certificate thing. I have no issue with showing a certificate (I am fortunate enough to have had both of my jabs for a good while), but I believe that this is simply an idea being used to 'show the advantages' of certification.

Expect more 'advantages' to be floated by govt over the next few weeks, and of course, kickback from those who object to vaccines / certification for all kinds of reasons.

Football is being used as a political football- there's a first :shrug:

What is wrong with using football to show the advantages of vaccine certification ? Seems incredibly cynical to twist it into football being used negatively. Governments are there to govern and if this idea makes vaccine take up increase then I am all for it. Using an advantage positively is not a negative.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You do get a choice now..... There are vaccine walk in centres purely administering Pfizer. Very interesting that AZ is barely used as a first dose now.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Not all of them, though, right? You have to have a correctly stored supply because the two are stored very differently. Pfizer is harder to store and in lower supply. Plus the centres don't advertise which one is used and when you book on via the NHS site you are allocated a centre based on availability.

You're talking rubbish.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't want to take the thread off topic too much....but....

Out of interest do you have the data or any links to articles suggesting that AZ is over 60% effective after a longer period?

I would also like to say I know via friends of friends two people in their 40s who have suffered strokes just after having their second dose. Might be coincidence, who knows ?

There's been so much negative press about AZ it may all be hype, it may all be BS but I wasn't going to take the risk with my body and I went with Pfizer.

[Tweet]1393609430856503297[/tweet]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Now

Not when the vast majority were getting their first jab, which then determines the second. Then there are still the issues of supply and being automatically routed to a particular centre by the website. You cannot choose your vaccine in the vast majority of cases. End of.

:facepalm: ...you were stating pzifer is harder to store ...it was but isn’t now ..which I was pointing out....please none of this end of crap Mr Angry...u r better than that

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Now

Not when the vast majority were getting their first jab, which then determines the second. Then there are still the issues of supply and being automatically routed to a particular centre by the website. You cannot choose your vaccine in the vast majority of cases. End of.
Ohhhh Yes you can!!!

I called around and asked what vaccine each centre was giving. Then I booked the one that told me Pfizer !!

Hardly rocket science.

Yoda

English & European
Got the QR code on my NHS app working nicely containing all my vaccine info. Just a quick flash should get me in.

Passport through the back door - who’d have thought?

I'm unable to use the NHS App as I cannot authenticate myself. Don't drive so no license and passport expired early 2020 and due to Covid had no need to renew so more than a year out of date

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Another great plan from the Government, remove the compulsory need for covid passports in pubs and restaurants where you are indoors and close to people with limited ventilation but look to introduce it for football where you are sitting or standing outside.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I'm unable to use the NHS App as I cannot authenticate myself. Don't drive so no license and passport expired early 2020 and due to Covid had no need to renew so more than a year out of date

Are you signed up to your GP's online service? If I've understood the information correctly then you may still be able to sign up for the app. See High level verification and registration details from online GP surgery's online services.
https://digital.nhs.uk/services/nhs...rks#levels-of-authentication-and-verification

Yoda

English & European

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thirty years on, David Evans and the Tories finally get their way with us scuzzy football fans who can never be trusted. It may be a sensible short-term idea but some parliamentary scrutiny and set time limits would be welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here