• Under 60 Underlying issues

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Under 60

Votes: 56 29.2%

• Total voters

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Out of interest how do they contact you for the jab?

In Wales alert! I received a phone call a couple of days ago and they said turn up on Thursday, that's both me and the Mrs I'm 66 although 67 next week and herself 68. That's a 10 minute walk, friends of ours had a half hour drive. Lap of the gods.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I know some people are sitting back waiting for a call but why not go on line and book it yourself ? It may mean going a little further but does that really matter? Most people are sitting at home anyway. Go for it. I did not have any side effects from the AZ.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No. I thought that too but they told me if you want to you can but if you feel OK you can leave straight away. So I did.

Everyone had to at the Racecourse. We were even given a slip of paper with the exact time we could leave.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I just thought we may see the vaccine gradually work it's way down NSC's various groups. I didn't think there would be so many under 60s with no underlying, but I guess that they may well be critical workers. Nothing more than that.

My son is 50, a firefighter, but had the jab before me. They had half of one station crews out with Covid at one point.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Well the wife and I got our AZ jabs yesterday here in Mexico City as the first round for over 60s started - all surprisingly well done, despite the 6-8 hours waiting in line. Also good to avoid the Chinese jabs which Mexico has mostly bought, though none have arrived. So we'll see when we get the 2nd (AZ??) jab. All rather political here of who/when gets the jab, we were lucky to be living in one of the districts that voted strongly for current regime....

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Had the Oxford Astra jab ten days ago.
In and out in less than five minutes and no side effects save for a slightly achy arm for a few hours.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone who has had the jab had any side effects?

Both my parents have now been done. My Dad felt grotty the next day for a few hours but just had some paracetamol and a nap and was fine later that night.

I've had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine (I'm not in any risk category, just lucky enough to know the senior process engineer for Banner Health out here - he has been heavily involved in streamlining their drive-thru vaccination centre in downtown Phoenix, and as they are keen to use every single dose they make up there was an opportunity to get added to the standby list in early January).

After the first jab I had a very slightly sore arm for a day afterwards, but no other effects.

After the second jab (two weeks ago, mid-afternoon) I woke up the next day feeling almost 100% and went to work as normal. By the afternoon (so 24 hours after jab) I was feeling a bit lethargic but was fine the next day and played squash.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Oxford AZ. I'm under 60, The wife's surgery were adminstering Vaccines and had a few left over at the end of the run. offered to spouses rather than going to waste.

This seems to be happening a lot. My sister who is 2 years younger than me had hers a few weeks ago as an "end of the day" job.

One of the (few) things that HMG got right, IMO, was the rollout priorities and those doing the jab should stick to the priority lists. If there are "spares" at end of each day that suggests that either the hubs aren't calling up enough people or those that have booked a time are no-shows (who should face a hefty financial penalty).

Why don't the hubs do as the airlines have been doing for years - overbook. Then if there are no shows, you have a bench full of substitutes to jab-up to use all the vaccines.. If there aren't enough vaccines to jab the subs at 90 minutes then they are top of the queue for the following day.

This way the integrity of the priority list is maintained

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I got one of those calls today from 'microsoft' regarding my computer. First thing the guy said was 'Checking my tracker I can see you are at home, can we talk?'
What happens when the airports open up, do we all beep going through security? "Oh, you've had your jab then".
Coming home from my jab I said "I fancy a Maccy D's", guess what, the car turned into the drive through.
Doing a search for new devices on Alexa I showed up!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm 59 but have had serious illness in the past that required extensive chemo.

Had the AZ jab last Sunday morning, felt a bit crap from Sunday evening for 24 hours. I feel fine now.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
This seems to be happening a lot. My sister who is 2 years younger than me had hers a few weeks ago as an "end of the day" job.

One of the (few) things that HMG got right, IMO, was the rollout priorities and those doing the jab should stick to the priority lists. If there are "spares" at end of each day that suggests that either the hubs aren't calling up enough people or those that have booked a time are no-shows (who should face a hefty financial penalty).

Why don't the hubs do as the airlines have been doing for years - overbook. Then if there are no shows, you have a bench full of substitutes to jab-up to use all the vaccines.. If there aren't enough vaccines to jab the subs at 90 minutes then they are top of the queue for the following day.

This way the integrity of the priority list is maintained

It’s not necessarily ‘no shows’ causing an excess of vaccine at the end of the day. The vials provided are ‘rated’ for 5 doses but on occasion it is possible to get 6 full doses from a single vial.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
That's only for the Pfizer one, I believe, not AZ.

I had the Pfizer one today, and had to sit for 15 minutes after to ensure there was no adverse reaction. My arm is a little numb, but I was able to cycle home fine.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Moderna vaccine also has a 15 minute wait after it has been administered. I just read the Green Book as I wanted to see if that clarified why I got called to have my vaccination so early, and as I don't have any of the conditions listed therein I am none the wiser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here