Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Covid booster for over 50s

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Booked ours for a week Saturday as Mrs P currently is testing positive for Covid. She is laid up in bed after passing out and headbutting the patio this morning. Head still bleeding and a nice egg sized lump on her forehead to boot.
Mrs P will have to wait a bit longer for hers:

2B08737F-68ED-4057-85B5-CE4814F54FC7.jpeg

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Sorry to hear that, it’s what happened to me last summer and I ended up in hospital for a week. Hope she feels better soon.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Got a text from my Drs yesterday- appointment booked for today at 6:30pm Shelley Road Surgery Worthing- 4th jab and flu jab done 💪
Looked like everyone was told 6:30 so a bit of queue, but went down quickly 👍

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
Had our covid booster and flu jabs in Shoreham today, no queuing straight in 15 minutes before our appointments.

Had our covid booster and flu jabs in Shoreham today, no queuing straight in 15 minutes before our appointments.
Similar experience for my Covid and flu jabs - like a well oiled machine for both, more or less in and out in minutes, helped by a well organised system and a number of public spirited volunteers helping with admin ,queue organising and parking.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I went there earlier this week.

It's quite a little vaccine factory they've got going up there - must be quite lucrative. Also quite strange that Worthing doesn't seem to have any locations.

Was advised to book my age related booster in the last week and found no available options in Worthing! Nearest was a little pharmacy in Shoreham town centre...odd.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Had mine a couple of lunchtimes ago. Had a small interrogation over why i was there - you're under 50, explain yourself - but quiveringly pulled the brain damage tale from under my hat, and got jabbed. I feel a bit eurgh, but not too bad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Booked at the racecourse and giving it a week (almost) from my flu jab. Missus is giving a larger gap and said if you suffer you won't get any sympathy from me! :lolol:
Had my flu jab about five minutes after my Cocid jab. No problems at all.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
How did you book yours? Did you say you were vulnerable, and if so did they not ask for proof?
There is a 'I'm vulnerable' bit on the booking website you are instructed to use in the invitation email, I think you just need to show the email that invites you to book as proof if you're under 50 - I'm being pestered to book a jab myself though I'm still not entirely sure why I was flagged tbh, just assume that rather like @Meade's Ball it is due to my hospital visit a few years back...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had walk-in flu jab today, Covid booster booked for Wednesday

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Very sleepy after mine this morning so not as engaged in the game as I might be. Which is nice, given how it is going.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The US has rolled this out early September for all ages because people willing to get a booster is low, went and got ours early September, lots of my friends who haven't caught covid throughout the pandemic are now falling ill with it and are not getting the booster mostly due to apathy. Don't f*** around people, go get it.

Jul 7, 2003
On holiday in Florida and have caught covid. Not only has it impacted my very long awaited holiday but now I’ll have to wait longer for my booster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here