Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Cover versions that should never have seen the light of day

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Useless fact, I went to school with Michael Des Barres, right wimp he was, crying about having an inoculation. Funny things you remember. He was quite a lot older than me too but was the only one in the school who cried about it.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Glad it’s not just me who can’t upload the video

The only merit of such covers is when it leads you to the original version. Soft Cell had several hits in the 80s which were covers. Whilst I prefer their version of Tainted Love the original of What by Judy Street is a fantastic Northern Soul classic imho

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

How can you say such a thing about All Saints? :love:

all-sianttt2.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I like the scissors sister cover of comfortably numb, and Leona Lewis' Run. I didn't mind Steps' tragedy as a party song. In my younger days I did like All Saint's version of under the bridge (and lady marmalade), but as I've grown up I've not had any inclination to go back and listen again.

But I would put forward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKsXSP7cXXk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
HTML:

Nope. It’s great.

Agree. Not so much as a cover as a complete reworking, just borrowing the lyrics. Brilliant song!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, there are some real horrors here. I didn't know that Take That had covered Teen Spirit, what the hell was that about?

For some reason that's reminded me that Atomic Kitten covered The Tide is High. I wasn't wild about the Blondie cover but the AK is truly horrible

EDIT; Just listened to the Scissors Sisters Comfortably Numb and, sorry, I thought it was great

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This comes complete with Celine Dion playing air guitar.

Truly horrific.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Anything slowed down and given an added 'Millennium warble' to make gullible kids think there is emotion involved.

Anything by Jamie Cullum. But particularly his assassination of Love Affair's masterpiece Everlasting Love. I'm not posting a clip.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland

Absolutely dreadfull, considering the original material from 2 albums they had at their disposal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here