Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Coventry v Luton to decide who finishes bottom of the EPL next season

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My brother in law is a sky blue so we will be sorting out tix for the final. Come on Vic and the boys. Give us a goal.

And a lovely 6 points for The Albion next season.

Edit yes one of the most entitled threads this century. Have I gone all blud/fam?

Possibly. Seen. Wa-dada. Selassie-I.
That's only happened three times since 2006, HWT...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Classic H - so entitled :(

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Coventry for me.

All I remember about Luton is that dreadful away end and the only time I've lost my temper at a footy match. The 2004 game where Trevor Parkes clearly waved away a penalty appeal for Luton against Two Kerry Mayos and then maybe 20 secs later changed his mind and blew for the penalty. I lost it, I was off down the stairs towards the pitch and wasn't the only one 😁 I think that was a watershed moment for me and determined afterwards not to get so wound up at football. By and large that has worked 😁

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Luton for me, mainly to see the ensuing carnage of them somehow trying to get Kenilworth Road up to scratch for the Premier League inside less than 3 months. They won't of course, its impossible. My money would be on a groundshare with MK Dongs.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Luton for me, mainly to see the ensuing carnage of them somehow trying to get Kenilworth Road up to scratch for the Premier League inside less than 3 months. They won't of course, its impossible. My money would be on a groundshare with MK Dongs.
Not a bad guess, it fits 30k and is about 40 minutes drive from Luton. At least we would be able to get tickets if they moved there for the season.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Not a bad guess, it fits 30k and is about 40 minutes drive from Luton. At least we would be able to get tickets if they moved there for the season.
Not satisfied with making a small number of people go to Luton, now the powers that be are intent on making a large number of people go to Milton Keynes.
Is there no humanity in football anymore?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think they'll take a view that its just not worth blowing £10m+ on making Kenilworth Road fit for human habitation for what would most probably be 1 season in the PL, whilst they sort their new stadium out...which I understand they DO have planning permission for, but they've not put a spade in the ground on it yet. Plus I do wonder where this estimated £100m funding is going to come from for it.

I went to MK Dons last season vs Shrewsbury (don't ask). Its a terrible soulless bowl with circa 5-6,000 rattling around in those lower tiers. But if Luton moved there for PL football and they re-opened the top tiers for it, then like any venue, if its full it'd be decent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder what Nathan Jones is thinking..

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Cov for me.
Luton could be hit by the Zombie apocalypse, nuked into oblivion, covered in three inches shit and it would be classed as urban renewal. As you may have gathered … not a fan.

• Haha
Reactions: A1X

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My brother in law is a sky blue so we will be sorting out tix for the final. Come on Vic and the boys. Give us a goal.

And a lovely 6 points for The Albion next season.

Edit yes one of the most entitled threads this century. Have I gone all blud/fam?

Possibly. Seen. Wa-dada. Selassie-I.
Always will go for Coventry.
Luton on the other hand, what a dump of a town.
Twinned with Jaywick.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If Luton get promoted they might surprise a few sides next season with their physical strength.
I'm not sure how far it will get them, but they are certainly not afraid to roll up their sleeves and fight for every ball for 90 minutes.
It seems to work for them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Luton get promoted they might surprise a few sides next season with their physical strength.
I'm not sure how far it will get them, but they are certainly not afraid to roll up their sleeves and fight for every ball for 90 minutes.
It seems to work for them.
Early PL years Stoke, then?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's every chance no promoted team will get relegated this season.
There's also a chance I predicted that back in August.
(Ive done it every other year and have a 100% record of being wrong)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here