Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry city to play at Sixfields for 'home' games

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I guess that depends on whether you're bitter that the the club isn't run like a village fete committee and you aren't involved anymore.

The biggest nail on the biggest head I've seen on here in a long long time. This transparent envy is starting to look embarrassing.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I guess that depends on whether you're bitter that the the club isn't run like a village fete committee and you aren't involved anymore.

Spot to. At the end of the day its a business and he is here to do a job so let him get on with it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The biggest nail on the biggest head I've seen on here in a long long time. This transparent envy is starting to look embarrassing.

Its neither envy nor bitterness. But on this thread according to yours and commanders rules its okay to talk about games at the Ricoh or highfield road that the Albion have played in. But its not okay to mention that a senior club employee provided consultancy services to the owners of a club who are now suffering problems and who are being accused of sharp practices by their own fans.
It may be that's why his involvement was short-lived consultancy (he saw what was happening and didn't like it). Anybody who is freelance may sometimes have to sell their soul and work for people and organisations that they don't agree with.

I never bad mouthed anybody who pointed out on nsc that Blackpool fans disliked Martin Perry for what they believed were underhand activities relating to land purchase.

But Dan, I took the time to answer your snide digs previously - spending time to give reasons, background and correct some of your misunderstanding around me. You disappeared very quickly from that thread, no attempt to justify yourself or apologise. That's up to you, but to be clear, my involvement with the club previously was limited to matters relating to getting planning permission for withdean and falmer. My involvement with the club now have been limited to getting further planning for falmer and the training ground. That's it, nothing more and nothing less.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This embedding of Tweets is getting more and more annoying, for anyone on Tapatalk we have no idea what it is you just posted.

It's a still photo from, and a link to, a leaked home made sex tape starring Kirsten Stewart and haylie whatever from paramore. Maybe you should use your phone or tablet's browser instead of tapatalk...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a still photo from, and a link to, a leaked home made sex tape starring Kirsten Stewart and haylie whatever from paramore. Maybe you should use your phone or tablet's browser instead of tapatalk...

Lolz

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On an unrelated note, a campaign to keep Coventry in Coventry has tweeted this:

The Football League meet TODAY. Tell them not to approve this. Email them now. Call them from 9am. Contact details: http://checkthis.com/flcontacts

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Gutted, how the mighty fall, they should of stayed at highfield rd.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Its neither envy nor bitterness. But on this thread according to yours and commanders rules its okay to talk about games at the Ricoh or highfield road that the Albion have played in. But its not okay to mention that a senior club employee provided consultancy services to the owners of a club who are now suffering problems and who are being accused of sharp practices by their own fans.
It may be that's why his involvement was short-lived consultancy (he saw what was happening and didn't like it). Anybody who is freelance may sometimes have to sell their soul and work for people and organisations that they don't agree with.

I never bad mouthed anybody who pointed out on nsc that Blackpool fans disliked Martin Perry for what they believed were underhand activities relating to land purchase.

But Dan, I took the time to answer your snide digs previously - spending time to give reasons, background and correct some of your misunderstanding around me. You disappeared very quickly from that thread, no attempt to justify yourself or apologise. That's up to you, but to be clear, my involvement with the club previously was limited to matters relating to getting planning permission for withdean and falmer. My involvement with the club now have been limited to getting further planning for falmer and the training ground. That's it, nothing more and nothing less.

I didnt realise your comment needed reply. My original post stated my opinion and nothing you said changed it and didnt see the point in drawing it out. Then you are up to it again on this thread hence the post here.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I didnt realise your comment needed reply. My original post stated my opinion and nothing you said changed it and didnt see the point in drawing it out. Then you are up to it again on this thread hence the post here.

You made a number of accusations that are untrue

As for 'up to it again' all I did was make a relevant comment on a thread. No side digs or insinuations or accusations. Are we saying now that we cant even mention his name without it being a dig? In which case you better get over to the ticket prices thread and start advising them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A catch 22 situation for the football club , play at Northampton for 3 years with the aim of building a new stadium somewhere in Coventry or stay at The Ricoh which will retain most of the fanbase but stifle revenue streams.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
A catch 22 situation for the football club , play at Northampton for 3 years with the aim of building a new stadium somewhere in Coventry or stay at The Ricoh which will retain most of the fanbase but stifle revenue streams.

That is what I was thinking, but I didn't want to post it, because of the obvious parallels with our situation in the late 1990s. I wondered whether I was missing something. My only solution to the problem was for CCFC to groundshare with the rugby club (using Withdean-style temporary stands) whilst trying to develop their own ground. It does seem that life in the Ricoh is almost impossible.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Very bad news, I will certainly be up for doing something to help.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I think I was as well. Was that when Micky Adams was there and Virgs got an equaliser, but we lost 2-1. I thought Highfield Road was alright.

I was at that game - we had a good following that day. I always liked Highfield Road , and thought it was a cracking stadium. I don't know why they moved. Ricoh is impressive but a bit soulless when 2/3rds empty.

I hope they pull through this bad patch.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Spot to. At the end of the day its a business and he is here to do a job so let him get on with it.

I know it's the wrong thread re. Barber but the Albion is 'at the end of the day' a football club with a set of objectives that include, but go beyond business ones. If it were not, most of us would have no interest in it. The fans are stakeholders in the club and can and should challenge decisions where commercial and fans' interests diverge.

PG

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I don't really get this to be honest.

The idea of having to look for a new ground just eight years after moving into a brand new purpose built stadium is entirely ludicrous.

As has been previously mentioned, there is surely nobody else who could take on tenancy at the stadium to keep it in regular use and if that's the case what on earth do the owners intend to do with it? Surely this isn't like the situation with the Goldstone where the prime real estate it occupied was desirable to greedy developers. The location of the Ricoh is hardly prime city centre turf, and it's already part of a big shopping centre anyway. Furthermore, would anybody ever sanction the demolition of a huge great construction project that's less than ten years old? Would seem a colossal waste of money and resources.

I'm assuming there is no suggestion that the owners do have any plans to tear it down and profit from the land but I'm still at a loss to understand what they do hope to achieve. Unless this is simply a stalemate situation whereby the club have no choice but to leave because of the unreasonable costs of operating there, whilst the stadium owners are playing hardball over it, assuming the club will eventually come crawling back. But unless I'm missing something, CCFC have the upper hand because there is ultimately no other realistic way for the stadium's owners to make money from it if it isn't through hosting Coventry City matches and the thousands of fans they bring with them.

Is the proposal to find another suitable stadium site just posturing from the club who want to get the stadium owners to back down, or is there GENUINELY a consideration for building ANOTHER premier league standard football stadium in a city with just one professional club?

Seems utterly bonkers to me

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I don't really get this to be honest.

The idea of having to look for a new ground just eight years after moving into a brand new purpose built stadium is entirely ludicrous.

As has been previously mentioned, there is surely nobody else who could take on tenancy at the stadium to keep it in regular use and if that's the case what on earth do the owners intend to do with it? Surely this isn't like the situation with the Goldstone where the prime real estate it occupied was desirable to greedy developers. The location of the Ricoh is hardly prime city centre turf, and it's already part of a big shopping centre anyway. Furthermore, would anybody ever sanction the demolition of a huge great construction project that's less than ten years old? Would seem a colossal waste of money and resources.

I'm assuming there is no suggestion that the owners do have any plans to tear it down and profit from the land but I'm still at a loss to understand what they do hope to achieve. Unless this is simply a stalemate situation whereby the club have no choice but to leave because of the unreasonable costs of operating there, whilst the stadium owners are playing hardball over it, assuming the club will eventually come crawling back. But unless I'm missing something, CCFC have the upper hand because there is ultimately no other realistic way for the stadium's owners to make money from it if it isn't through hosting Coventry City matches and the thousands of fans they bring with them.

Is the proposal to find another suitable stadium site just posturing from the club who want to get the stadium owners to back down, or is there GENUINELY a consideration for building ANOTHER premier league standard football stadium in a city with just one professional club?

Seems utterly bonkers to me

Excellent post,however if the owner's have no long term interest in football and it seems that way,do they own the freehold if so long term would look good for them and again like other's have posted 'who own's these club's' ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here