Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry City being Liquidated?? (Merged Thread)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Coventry City Council THROUGH Arena Coventry REJECTED the CVA - so because of the council, the city just lost its football club - pathetic.

Perhaps they see it as the only way of ridding the city of SISU.

I really don't understand how the ownership works, but it just all seems plain wrong to me that the club can continue after all this nonsense. They will still effectively be owned by the same people and in exactly the same position as far as I can make out. :shrug:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
All very sad, is this not a similar situation that Darlington found themselves in when they built this.
darlington.jpg

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm sure that another club also faced a similar situation where they couldn't agree a CVA (someone like Leeds? a few years back)
They continued in their current league but recieved a large points deduction

If it's only one part of the clubs owners that have gone into liquidation, the rest of the club should still be going and therefore should still be able to fulfil some or all of their fixtures.

Hopefully it isn't the end of the club, but a worrying development in its progress to survival

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
On one of the major Non-League forums there has been talk of 2 phoenix clubs for some weeks. One of these has secured a place in (I think) the Midland Combination whose top division is at the same level as Sussex County League Division 2. They are using a minor ground in Coventry. The other potential club has not yet been formed and are hoping to rent the Rioch Arena and finding a placing in the upper part of the non-league pyramid. However they are too late for this season. They take as models AFC Wimbledon and FC United of Manchester.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Although i feel sorry for the fans the league should now have the balls to turn around and say enough is enough you are liquidated if you want to start again you work your way up the pyramid, simple as that and then perhaps it might teach a few other clubs to remain in decent financial control !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
SSN are reporting the 10 point deduction, so yeah, you probably did.

The FL make it up as they go along , it should be laid out in black and white what the points deductions will be for infringements and misdemeanour's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here