Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Div 2 Kent v Sussex at the Nevill

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Looks like we will have to bat most of the day tomorrow too. Can't see us avoiding the follow-on.

PG

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately we are shocking now!!

Would of much preferred us to have a mass clear out and play the lads like Phil Salt, George Garton etc with only say Wright, Magoffin & Ben Brown as the senior figures.

Oddly I would say the 2 success stories this season have been Nash and Wells. Both of whom seem to have spent the winter sorting out the flaws in their technique.

Problem is, there seems to be a malaise around the club that has not been lifted by Davis. He was too much a part of Robinson's regime and so unlikely to change anything.

Thrown in that certain players seem to have a questionable attitude and things are just going backwards.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
I wouldn't disagree with your assessment regarding Nash & Wells but I do wonder if we are giving enough youth its head and keeping faith in players that just are not delivering consistently enough

Garton has bowled well in the first XI outings he has had, I do like Phil Salt who looks an exciting batsman, Stu Whittingham has been a bit of a bonus bowling wise also and those two lads who played in the Pakistan tour returned figures that suggest they are worth a shot.

Is it worth keeping Ed Joyce going at his age even though he is still a decent bat, he's not the future? maybe a future batting coach though?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've played at the Nevill Ground. Its beyond flat. A lovely place to experience playing but a hiding to nothing as a fast bowler.

If the batsman show application and concentration, then anyone simply looking to survive ought to be almost impossible to get out.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't disagree with your assessment regarding Nash & Wells but I do wonder if we are giving enough youth its head and keeping faith in players that just are not delivering consistently enough

Garton has bowled well in the first XI outings he has had, I do like Phil Salt who looks an exciting batsman, Stu Whittingham has been a bit of a bonus bowling wise also and those two lads who played in the Pakistan tour returned figures that suggest they are worth a shot.

Is it worth keeping Ed Joyce going at his age even though he is still a decent bat, he's not the future? maybe a future batting coach though?

I think this is Joyce's last season, heard somewhere he is taking a role with Cricket Ireland, might be wrong.

The club had a chance to go in a new direction with Robinson leaving, at last. Instead they have tried to do it on the cheap and it is not working.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've played at the Nevill Ground. Its beyond flat. A lovely place to experience playing but a hiding to nothing as a fast bowler.

If the batsman show application and concentration, then anyone simply looking to survive ought to be almost impossible to get out.

Slow track ? Scoring seems very pedestrian for both sides.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Slow track ? Scoring seems very pedestrian for both sides.

Slow and very, very flat. Our match probably ran to around 100 overs. I think four wickets fell, for around 600 runs, and I didn't see a single ball misbehave.

Of course, how a wicket plays after 3.5 / 4 days of play could be a different story!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Beer 3 off 39 balls. That's the spirit!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Slow and very, very flat. Our match probably ran to around 100 overs. I think four wickets fell, for around 600 runs, and I didn't see a single ball misbehave.

Of course, how a wicket plays after 3.5 / 4 days of play could be a different story!

I'm going tomorrow so hopefully our batsman can keep defending and enjoying the scenery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here