Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Div 2 Kent v Sussex at the Nevill

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex 245-5 (87.3 overs) leading by 3, with 8.3 overs remaining.

Why are they still out there/?

They'll give it a couple of overs I reckon. Sussex have a long tail and if they lose a wicket, they could lose lots

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Decent job by Sussex today, good to see the lad Finch stepping up to the plate.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sussex 255-5 (91 overs), Brown 25*(49) Jordan 7*(27) leading by 13 with 5 overs remaining in the day.

The captains shake hands on the draw.

Kent 11 pts Sussex 8 pts.

Try explaining the last 4 days of sporting endeavor to anyone looking for entertainment and excitement :yawn:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Was there for the first day on Sunday. Very flat wicket that day and even with the thick black cloud up until mid-afternoon, there was no assistance for the bowlers at all. I can only envisage that Sussex's pretty paltry 1st innings total in the circumstances was as a result of scoreboard pressure rather than any sudden demons in the pitch.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What concerns me is that, if we had batted first, we wouldn't have got anywhere near 575. I don't feel that we have enough players who can put together an innings, particularly without Yootha.

Nash can, Wells can (but doesn't often), Taylor should do but hasn't (until this game) and Wright seems burdened by captaincy. And we're going in a batsman short every time: Brown is not a 6 and Jordan is not a 7. Salt or Machan should have played in this one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here