Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Country pub help needed

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Thanks but she has just said barcombe mills is where she wants to go, there was me looking forward to something different. Thanks a lot everyone

With a new baby we have been trying various local country pubs recently with nice beer gardens, and must admit I've forgotten how lucky we are living in Sussex. Went to the Ram at Firle followed by the Anchor at Ringer on Wednesday both very nice, but take any turn off the A27 between Lewes and Polegate and there are loads of nice pubs.

Funnily enough we were going to Barcombe Mills as I've not been there since I was a kid but have heard lots of bad reviews about the pub, apparently the new landlord isn't very nice but it will be interesting to hear how you get on.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So kids are welcome as long as they are accompanied. What sort of parent would let them run wild anyway. I'm a regular at the Ox and kids have a great time.

Quite a few unfortunately, the OP is looking for a pub woith kids play area, I'm presuming the type of country pub that has a slide, climbing frame etc where they can play and make a bit of noise while the adults sit at their garden table and enjoy a drink or two.

The Ox isn't that, it's more a restaurant with a small bar area and is keyed towards adult clientel.

I've been told as much by the people who work there when I 've asked about bringing my kids on a weekend. They' said no problem but the gardens are not a playground for them to run about in.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Berwick Inn used to have a great kids play area............that was circa 1983 though, not so sure these days.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Two you can try if kids like watching trains. Trevor Arms at Glynde has long garden running down to the station, drivers will often wave to the kids, or the pub at Berwick Station, both do good food

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned The Jolly Tanners at Staplefield.
I haven't been there since Pete and Angie left, but it ticks every box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here