Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Country pub help needed

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The garden/play area is so good by 1pm on a hot weekend day, kitchen to its max, there was a 2 hour delay for food...order at noon as we did & looked smug or 3

A Victim of its own success, I quite like it in there, foods pretty good, nice and safe for the kids and a decent pint of cider. Only downside is its very small inside, although the covered area outside does help.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
You've got the Ram at firle, Trevor at Glynde, Barley Mo at Selmeston, Yew Tree at either Arlington or Chalvington, 5 Bells at Chailey, 6 bells at Chiddingly, The Newmarket between lewes and Falmer is supposed to be very good, Green man, Anchor, The cock and Stewards Enquirey all Ringmer-ish, Cricketers at Berwick and The Rose Cottage at Alciston.

There's a few good ones to choose from !!!

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Thanks but she has just said barcombe mills is where she wants to go, there was me looking forward to something different. Thanks a lot everyone

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Shepherd and Dog in Fulking, I quite often get the open top bus to devils dyke and then walk down to it, lovely pub!

I've done that. The stroll back up the hill works off the calories nicely.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You've got the Ram at firle, Trevor at Glynde, Barley Mo at Selmeston, Yew Tree at either Arlington or Chalvington, 5 Bells at Chailey, 6 bells at Chiddingly, The Newmarket between lewes and Falmer is supposed to be very good, Green man, Anchor, The cock and Stewards Enquirey all Ringmer-ish, Cricketers at Berwick and The Rose Cottage at Alciston.

There's a few good ones to choose from !!!

The Stewards Inquiry reverted to it's old name a few years back. It's the Old Ship again.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Hi I'm looking for a country with a nice big garden with a play area that does nice food can anyone recommend any where nice??? thanks.

A country with a nice big garden?
Have you tried Switzerland? Lovely scenery, excellent food!

Seriously, though, what about the Swiss Cottage in Shoreham?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Completely wrong. There is a family room and are kids welcomed.

http://www.thesussexox.co.uk/around-the-pub

No, I'm not wrong, try reading what I posted next time. I never said kids were not welcome, just that the gardens are not a play area.

From their website: We have a front garden and a large rear garden, both boast great countryside views. We would respectfully ask that children are accompanied in the gardens and dogs are kept on leads to allow our other customers to enjoy the peace and quiet around the pub.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No, I'm not wrong, try reading what I posted next time. I never said kids were not welcome, just that the gardens are not a play area.

From their website: We have a front garden and a large rear garden, both boast great countryside views. We would respectfully ask that children are accompanied in the gardens and dogs are kept on leads to allow our other customers to enjoy the peace and quiet around the pub.

So kids are welcome as long as they are accompanied. What sort of parent would let them run wild anyway. I'm a regular at the Ox and kids have a great time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here