Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown to transfer deadline.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I'd like to see us sign a first choice left back and another top striker. The next two days could make the difference between us having a chance to make the playoffs or having a chance at automatic promotion.
I'm intrigued to see what Tony and Gus will do and if they really believe we can go up this season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm intrigued to see what Tony and Gus will do and if they really believe we can go up this season.

The better we do the more chance a top club comes in for Gus, if we have chance at promotion come January, I think bloom and all his poker instincts, will go for it. Gus won't be here for ever and he will have to seize the opportunity. They don't come round every season

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Cenre back cover, and a quality striker that's about 28. Then Barnes can drop back to cover the strikers (and be an impact sub against tired defenders) for a season or two before becoming our first choice striker. Not that that's anything wrong with Barnes, I just think he lacks that killer instinct a little.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What do people expect? If he was great off his line as well as being a great shot stopper and with the ball at his feet, he would not be playing for us. I can't believe people don't see that. Ankergren has had a great start to the season and still people want to replace him.

I think we're getting to that point where the argument "if he didn't have all these flaws, he wouldn't be playing for us" doesn't hold water. I know it's going to be hard for some people, myself included, to expect better players with fewer flaws, but the higher we go, the easier it is to hold on to better players. If Ankergren didn't have those flaws, I think we'd be in a good position to hold onto him right now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that Ankergren is as good as we are likely to get or need. When we do get promoted, which we will at some point, perhaps we shall have to think again , but at the moment not urgent a greater concern would be if he was injured for any length of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here