Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coulsdon BHA

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Why do you hate Coppell is it his Palace connections or his time at Brighton because i always thought he done a reasonable job in turning you around. I don't mean to gloat but after the 5-0 drubbing we gave you you had a pretty decent run under him didn't you?

Yeah of course his Palace connections although I'm "old school" and in the minority I think.

The way he jumped when a better offer came along pissed me off as well,it was as if he only took the job to get himself in the shop window,a bit like Taylor did.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hey, you possibly don't I was actually born in Beckenham in the Mid Fifties. My parents moved to Sussex when I was five because of my broncitis. Believe of not the whole Greater London area was very polluted then, there were a lot more coal fires which did a damn sight more damage than petrol fumes.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
gerbil said:
Yeah of course his Palace connections although I'm "old school" and in the minority I think.

The way he jumped when a better offer came along pissed me off as well,it was as if he only took the job to get himself in the shop window,a bit like Taylor did.

Coppell is Palace through and through and would be the first to admit it so i can see why his appointment would have rankled with some Albion fans. Unfortunately gerbil thats the way of the world if a player or manager gets a better deal elsewhere 99 times out of 100 he pisses off. :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last summer I have to sadly report a young person in a Palace shirt on Lancing beach. The good news was Junior Hut "corrected" him.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
bhaexpress said:
Hey, you possibly don't I was actually born in Beckenham in the Mid Fifties. My parents moved to Sussex when I was five because of my broncitis. Believe of not the whole Greater London area was very polluted then, there were a lot more coal fires which did a damn sight more damage than petrol fumes.

It isn't a lot better now let me tell you :rolleyes: So bha you missed the boat and became a Brighton fan? Have you ever got over it fella?! :lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
No doubt. Personally I never wanted him there in the 1st place and was delighted he left in a way.

Was it the same when Alan Mullery went to Smellhurst?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Coppell is Palace through and through and would be the first to admit it so i can see why his appointment would have rankled with some Albion fans. Unfortunately gerbil thats the way of the world if a player or manager gets a better deal elsewhere 99 times out of 100 he pisses off. :(

That's pretty much what I said on another thread but that's human natire. I doubt that there are many people on here who haven't left an employer for a better oppotunity. After all, when all is said and done Coppell was an employee of BHAFC. Taylor didn't even have a contract all the time he was here.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
gerbil said:
No doubt. Personally I never wanted him there in the 1st place and was delighted he left in a way.

That's all well and good but how would you feel if we hypothetically signed Andy Johnson ? It's the same thing isn't it ?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Beach Hut said:
Last summer I have to sadly report a young person in a Palace shirt on Lancing beach. The good news was Junior Hut "corrected" him.

I was in Brighton a few months back and saw loads of Palace shirts being worn, loads of South Londoners must have upped sticks and move nearer to you BH! :D

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bhaexpress said:
That's all well and good but how would you feel if we hypothetically signed Andy Johnson ? It's the same thing isn't it ?

Yes it is.

Do you remember the stick that Gary O'Reilly got when he came back?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
AJ's Love Monkey said:
I was in Brighton a few months back and saw loads of Palace shirts being worn, loads of South Londoners must have upped sticks and move nearer to you BH! :D

Well Junior certainly made his point :p

BTW I have no animosity towards Coppell or Taylor as both did a job for us which was needed at the time.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
AJ's Love Monkey said:

Must've been their "sunshine bus" day trip to the seaside :p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
AJ's Love Monkey said:

They just needed some fresh air, quite understandable really. They were quite safe as it's not normally the practice of BHA fams to mock the afflicted.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
gerbil said:

Was it the same when Alan Mullery went to Smellhurst?

Alan Mullery was despised by Palace fans gerbil i remember one game when we were getting beat by Carlisle or someone a Palace fan came down from the Main Stand and lined up the biggest haymaker i have ever seen right at Mullery's chin but a steward got him down before it landed! To this day i still can't believe it missed! :D

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Alan Mullery was despised by Palace fans gerbil i remember one game when we were getting beat by Carlisle or someone a Palace fan came down from the Main Stand and lined up the biggest haymaker i have ever seen right at Mullery's chin but a steward got him down before it landed! To this day i still can't believe it missed! :D

Same thing with Coppell then really. Well by some of us anyway!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's banter as against abuse right ? Having worked in Croydon several times over the years I can attest to the fact that most Palace fans are quite civil.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Was an attempt at wimsey, I don't hate Palace fans, it's too much effort !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here