[Albion] could we be this seasons wolves? (hope this doesnt come back to bite me)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We're two games into the season and we just beat an overly defensive Steve Bruce team, or in answer to your question, no.

But for the last 3 seasons we would've drawn that game despite our dominant play

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Looking past the United game, I think the games against Everton, Palace and West Brom will give us much more of an idea of how the season may go. Do well in those and we start to look like a competitive midtable team. If we can get 4-6 points from those 3 then we look like a reasonable team.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Boring as it may be, we need more options or at least another option up front. Our football and every player that played today was ****ing awesome. Our strength in depth is reasonable but we do need another striker and competition for Ryan in my opinion, then who knows how far we could go. Exciting times.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Finishing comfortably mid table and maybe a cup run would represent real progress. Key to finishing any higher is the consistency of the front players and more of them chipping in with goals.

The new system also suits out style of play and squad so well

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Someone's had a few too many shandy's tonight!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Despite the Cheslea defeat Brighton won a few plaudits and Sky practically licking Tairqu's ass at the moment..Making Newcastle look poor yet they tore apart the hammers last week.
Could we become the surprise package this year? time will tell..

you heard it here first if we do :)

Macclesfield Town would have torn apart the Hammers last week.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
But for the last 3 seasons we would've drawn that game despite our dominant play

I seem to remember last season we thrashed Newcastle 0-0 at their place.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There is a chance we could surprise everyone, have a brilliant season and finish in the top half.

We are are definitely good enough to do that IF we were lucky with injuries and lucky with key points-earning moments in a number of games. We might be good enough to do it regardless.

It should be fun watching in any case - hopefully at The Amex after Christmas when we've all been vaccinated.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yep battered stains and lost, cut through villa and lost.......let's all enjoy this while it's good.

We’d have probably beaten Stains and got at least a draw up at Villa if it wasn’t for Andone and Mooy getting themselves sent off. We were the better side in both those games despite playing 3/4 of both matches with 10 men. Let’s hope we don’t make those same mistakes this season.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Seem to remember we started our away campaign last season with a 0-3 win. We weren't Wolves that season either.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
#TeamsLikeWolves

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’ll say “no” because we haven’t got a striker that could be playing for one of the top 6 like Jimenez. Allowing for injuries & bans, I don’t think we’ve got enough strikers at all to fulfil our potential, which is a shame. Otherwise though, the future looks fantastic. Potter’s transformation of the team has been tremendous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports