• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm pleased for Houghton.
Who?
Going by Charlton's current form, I thought that this could be the banana skin game for us and it still could have been if it wasn't for the sending off.
If Bobby wasn't fouled he'd have been 1 on 1 with the keeper, so by that stage it probably wasn't going to be the banana skin game for us.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yeah but i posted this thread driven from the adrenaline win from yesterday.

That's what NSC is all about surely, its a fantasy forum and we are all on board.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So our excellent left back is out injured, our excellent replacement left back is out injured, we're playing with a 3rd choice right back at left back, and you got criticised for suggesting our defence was vulnerable? Ok.

Our defence has been vulnerable in exactly the same way all season. Only difference is that not many of those much-touted hotshot opposition teams have run at us like Charlton did yesterday. It was highly reminiscent of Derby running at us in the last play-off game at the Amex. Maybe more teams should try it? We had had Dunk and Greer and Calde and Bruno all on the pitch at the same time yesterday. Are you suggesting they are makeshift stand-ins for our 'excellent' defenders? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Our defence has been vulnerable in exactly the same way all season. Only difference is that not many of those much-touted hotshot opposition teams have run at us like Charlton did yesterday.
So none of the talented and extremely well paid opposing managers, or their analysts have spotted this, but you have?

Charlton hit us on the break and the ball fell for them, but it's not always that easy for the opponents.
It was highly reminiscent of Derby running at us in the last play-off game at the Amex.
We played well that day and didn't deserve to lose IMO.
We had had Dunk and Greer and Calde and Bruno all on the pitch at the same time yesterday. Are you suggesting they are makeshift stand-ins for our 'excellent' defenders? ???
It's very clear from my post whom I'm suggesting is the makeshift stand in. And with Calde at left back, I'm surprised if people here don't think we're vulnerable. But if you're suggesting our first choice back 4 is poor, I disagree. Of course we'll let in some, but who doesn't?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So none of the talented and extremely well paid opposing managers, or their analysts have spotted this, but you have?

Apparently not :shrug:

If those bozo opposition managers were all that smart they'd start by making us play towards the North Stand in the first half once in a while. They rarely do. They're not that smart, just serial chancers bluffing their way through, same as the rest of us. Oh well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports