Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Watford match get nasty ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
These load of freeloaders I doubt very much will put an fight up.

I have never witnessed a load of losers ever play my club. No fight no leadership no bottle.

Angry? yes I am

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am very angry and fed up right now, but doubt that will service against Watford.

HOWEVER if the club make the ridiculous decision to do a lap of honour at the end of the match then my anger will show. I suspect I am not alone.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am very angry and fed up right now, but doubt that will service against Watford.

HOWEVER if the club make the ridiculous decision to do a lap of honour at the end of the match then my anger will show. I suspect I am not alone.

A f**king lap of shame.

Mind you I doubt half of them would bother

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How about public humiliation put them all in stocks and throw out of date piglet pies at them.

Piglets Pies :eek: Err, no, if you've got a spare pie you can throw it my way.

Edit: Phew- you said 'out of date'.

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014
With fans throwing scarves and shirts on the pitch at Wigan.

We need a better performance against Watford or god knows what could happen.

punish::guns::shit:

Wowsers yes let's hope it doesn't turn so nasty that scarves and shirts are thrown on the pitch - we don't want to return to the dark days of the 80's do we?

'God knows what could happen' indeed - someone could completely lose it and shout an expletive from the East Lower?

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014

Ooooh how are you going to show your anger? Do tell?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So if millwall win in the week,what do people think Bums on Seats attendance will be.

I go for 14,000

Actually I'm more likely to go if there is something on it, no matter how remote the possibility. I really want an excuse to go. I've been watching Brighton since the 1965-66 season, and if I don't go to the Watford game this will be the first season ever when I haven't seen a single live Brighton match.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Amex atmosphere has become too sterile for it to kick off.

If we went down and thankfully it's highly unlikely we would have no one to blame but ourselves.

Thanks for the stadium Tony but you're not exempt for criticism your running of the club or hiring of Barber has been a complete disaster. The club stinks of corporate bull shit with more emphasis placed on the business side then the footballing side.

The fans have backed the club again with 19k season ticket holders, it's about time the board recognised this and rewarded them with investment in the team.

Are you totally ignorant of how football works? The club isn't run to ensure shareholders take a massive dividend home every year. The business/corporate side is there to provide the funds for team. Take out the corporate sponsorship and 1901 then your average Joe supporter would find that ticket prices are probably beyond reach if you want the same level of investment on the pitch. The more money the club makes the more they can spend on the pitch.

The club chose to go down the FFP route. Would you prefer we were in the same situation as Forest? Spent massively, still in the championship and with transfer restrictions in place. Or maybe you would like a chairman like Blackpool, or even Ashley at Newcastle. What about a foreign owner who doesn't give a damn about the club but just sees it as cheap option of getting into the Premier league and the riches that ensue from that.

In hindsight, Bloom will probably agree that Hyypia was a mistake but then we all know hindsight is an exact science. His appointments haven't been too bad for the club, Slade saved us from relegation, Poyet got us up and to the play-offs followed by Garcia's play-off season.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Are you totally ignorant of how football works? The club isn't run to ensure shareholders take a massive dividend home every year. The business/corporate side is there to provide the funds for team. Take out the corporate sponsorship and 1901 then your average Joe supporter would find that ticket prices are probably beyond reach if you want the same level of investment on the pitch. The more money the club makes the more they can spend on the pitch.

The club chose to go down the FFP route. Would you prefer we were in the same situation as Forest? Spent massively, still in the championship and with transfer restrictions in place. Or maybe you would like a chairman like Blackpool, or even Ashley at Newcastle. What about a foreign owner who doesn't give a damn about the club but just sees it as cheap option of getting into the Premier league and the riches that ensue from that.

In hindsight, Bloom will probably agree that Hyypia was a mistake but then we all know hindsight is an exact science. His appointments haven't been too bad for the club, Slade saved us from relegation, Poyet got us up and to the play-offs followed by Garcia's play-off season.

I think you've misconstrued my point. Nothing wrong with having a corporate seats etc... What I dislike most is that I work for a major corporation so for 35 hours+ per week I have to listen to a lot of corporate talk, football was an escape but now I hear our chief exec talking the same type of language it's not what I want from football.

The Albion have always been a club that do things differently to the norm we could have retained an identity I.e. Community & fan interaction but that chance has gone and we've just turned into another Reading FC.

I disagree about one other thing you mentioned ticket prices are not subsidised or kept down through corporate/1901 seats they are set in line with supply and demand. Do you really think the club would charge £70 for a standard seat if they had no 1901 season ticket holders.

FFP is the biggest joke in football very few adhere to it as there are so many loopholes.

The playing squad has been broken up and replaced with loan signings who have no loyalty to the club. No wonder we are lacking leadership on the pitch when you have Premier League rejects strutting around on £40k per week but offering very little.

The club decided to try and do things on the cheap and have been incredibly lucky there are 3 very poor sides this season.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
look out for the inflatabe seagull being thrown around the north stand!:banana:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The Amex atmosphere has become too sterile for it to kick off.

If we went down and thankfully it's highly unlikely we would have no one to blame but ourselves.

Thanks for the stadium Tony but you're not exempt for criticism your running of the club or hiring of Barber has been a complete disaster. The club stinks of corporate bull shit with more emphasis placed on the business side then the footballing side.

The fans have backed the club again with 19k season ticket holders, it's about time the board recognised this and rewarded them with investment in the team.

yes..!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good grief some of you lot are getting a bit precious aren't you?

If the team do go round the pitch at the end, maybe, just maybe, it isn't a "lap of honour" as such, but more perhaps the team thanking us for our support?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here