Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Could Palace be Relegated?

clivebuckley

Jul 28, 2011
No, I hope not too, tho we'd all love to see them struggling I also think our games agsinst them are some of the highlights of the season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, I hope not too, tho we'd all love to see them struggling I also think our games agsinst them are some of the highlights of the season.
Well they haven't beaten us in a while, so there is that. But when attending as a fan I'm bored of the Nigels as the games are a ball ache at both venues. Kettling, waiting ages as the police herd the away team on trains, and the fact it brings out all the utter dickheads.

I'd happily see them relegated. In fact, the most interesting thing remaining this season is hoping that they do.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No chance

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You lot have a lot more confidence than me.

But I bought next years season ticket and if it happens I’ll get more games and hopefully more Saturday 3 o’clock KOs.

( palace have had only 5 this season and as many Monday nights)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You lot have a lot more confidence than me.

But I bought next years season ticket and if it happens I’ll get more games and hopefully more Saturday 3 o’clock KOs.

( palace have had only 5 this season and as many Monday nights)
Opening game next season:

Hello and welcome to Sky Sports 3. And what a treat we have for you for this opening Monday night fixture of the Championship calendar, as two of the pre season title favourites go head to head. Welcome to Selhurst Park - for Crystal Palace versus Burnley.

👌

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Yes they can. Blackburn had a stinker in 2012 they were on 29 points with 9 matches left and lost 8 of them. Someone mentioned the odds (14/1) IIRC Blackburn were a similar price at this stage.

However, they won’t.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We’re not that lucky

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
" They say the Championship is a marathon, not a sprint, and while stars like Guehi, Olise and Eze left in the summer they still have the experience of James Tompkims, Joel Ward and Will Hughes to call upon."

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Opening game next season:

Hello and welcome to Sky Sports 3. And what a treat we have for you for this opening Monday night fixture of the Championship calendar, as two of the pre season title favourites go head to head. Welcome to Selhurst Park - for Crystal Palace versus Burnley.

👌
I haven’t got sky, TBH I tend to watch the EFL goals and highlights show more often than match of the day.

Also don’t mind playing Burnley, better than playing Chelsea, man unt etc.

Jimmy Grimble

They’ll be fine, but if they lose their next couple and Luton pick up 3 points at home to Brentford and Forest do the same at home to Wolves, then the panic will be fun to watch.

If they are going to pick up points, they can do us a favour and get them from the teams around us (West Ham, Newcastle, Fulham, Wolves).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't see Luton getting much beyond the 30 Palace already have on the board, if they do at all. They're safe.
Me neither, unfortunately, even though it is just under 1 point per game. I wonder if the memory of them beating us 4-0 is clouding judgement? Since that night they've played 12 and accumulated only 6 points.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I posted in late Feb (no idea how to find it) that if Palace weren't past 30 points by the end of March then they could be in serious shite. They are bang on 30 so it's now a knife edge.
They need just one weekend where results go against them for them to be in proper trouble.
Luton have momentum and are fighting, they are also scoring goals. They have winable home games.
Forest are not a bad side and have an OK manager. They arte not being outplayed very often.
Everton, god knows but they will be back into seige mentality mode and could see them picking up at least 5 points.
Palace - virtually no new manager bounce and that's in spite of Eze and Olise both now being available. Toughest run in out of the bottom 6. I could see them losing every match between now and the end of the season, hence my post in Feb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here