Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Could our next/future manager come from within?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I personally doubt it , think we are at the stage where the club would want a manager with a proven track record of both success and improving players ,

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There are 2 pools of potential managers.

Pool 1 are those employed by bhafc.
Pool 2 are those employed by the rest of the world.

Pool 2 is an ocean compared to the Pool 1 raindrop.

I can't see us even considering it now.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the blueprint of the Liverpool boot room has long gone, and other than stepping in as a caretaker, no head coach will be appointed from within.

Given our current profile if (when) RDZ goes, you would expect the club to have a deluge of applicants, and probably all will be ignored and from the short list that the club already have they will look to get #1 on that list.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
On the same subject, but with another tack..............Nigel Adkins, the previous Stains manager, who famously stated that we should "keep up", has just taken the managers' job at.............(with due respect) Tranmere Rovers !!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On the same subject, but with another tack..............Nigel Adkins, the previous Stains manager, who famously stated that we should "keep up", has just taken the managers' job at.............(with due respect) Tranmere Rovers !!
@Neville's Breakfast will no doubt be chuffed with this appointment :smile:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
how do you know lalana is a bit thick?

He's been dying for someone to ask that so he can tell stories of when he stalked Lallana (Kylie's chimney sweep style) :lolol:

There are two people who may make good managers and are moving in that direction, Lallana and Pascal. And although it's a nice idea, it would be incredibly high risk and that isn't the way TB tends to operate :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Too many ex top pros fast tracked to PL managerial hot seats and most end in disaster so no don’t think we will take this route. Also we do not need to take that sort of gamble as the current profile of the club will attract some top talent for the vacancy whenever it arrives.
True, and they bizarrely still keep getting appointments even after these disasters.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Almost certainly going to be left field isn’t it. Probably a Portuguese/Spanish manager currently working in Uzbekistan I shouldn’t wonder. Second division.
Edit. Not Second Division of course, make that Champions League.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Crofts, Lallana and Milner would be perfectly capable of holding the fort until TB’s new arrival from ??? sorts out his visa and support team.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
@Neville's Breakfast will no doubt be chuffed with this appointment :smile:
:) I did have a wry smile ! He’s actually a Birkenhead boy and played for the club. Originally appointed as a mentor for the now sacked manager and looking for a new one. He won’t be manager for that long. I bloody hope not because when it comes to smugness he is way ahead of Eddie ! Rovers had to do something. 6 defeats in 7 games I think it is.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I have long thought Lallana is being trained for the role, obviously it depends on how long RDZ stays with us and if Lallana has made the grade by the time he leaves. I also think that RDZ will not get his head turned provided he gets the resources to continually improve his squad, I certainly don't see him doing a Potter as I think he has far too much integrity for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here