Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Nigel Farage end up a great British political leader?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Times did a feature on him a week or so ago, lots of nasty rattling skeletons in his closet by all accounts. Ladies man, not good with accounts, not good in the air.

D

Deleted member 22389

rank amateur ?? The bloke has more real world experience than the rest of them put together , its not as if the ' professionals ' have done much of a job is it ?

The political parties we have put our trust in for years have messed things up and they know it. The latest argument is that the EU is good for the economy, that may be the case, but once again they avoid questions about our own quality of life, and how our services are going to cope due to increased migration year on year, because to say that puts you in the labelled camp.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The political parties we have put our trust in for years have messed things up and they know it. The latest argument is that the EU is good for the economy, that may be the case, but once again they avoid questions about our own quality of life, and how our services are going to cope due to increased migration year on year, because to say that puts you in the labelled camp.

I'd like to know what the migration figures are, to be honest.

It's the oldest political trick in the book: give the punters someone else to blame for things, so I'd like to know if net migration figures really are as threatening as the likes of Farage (and, taking it further right, Nick Griffin etc) would have us believe. This predicted overwhelming wave of Bulgarians and Romanians doesn't seem to have swamped us yet.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's the oldest political trick in the book: give the punters someone else to blame for things, so I'd like to know if net migration figures really are as threatening as the likes of Farage (and, taking it further right, Nick Griffin etc) would have us believe. This predicted overwhelming wave of Bulgarians and Romanians doesn't seem to have swamped us yet.

Your right they haven't swamped us, but once again the media and some politicians misinterpreted what he said. Farage is correct thou, the door is open to as many people as possible to live and work in the UK, not just from Romania and Bulgaria. It's not just migration from the EU, its also migration from outside the EU.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
There is so much nonsense that flies around regarding Farage. The media spin fools so many people. Wake up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Same as that other one issue politician, Alex Salmond. If it ever comes to the crunch on the single issue that they campaign on, they will be found sadly wanting. It's simple politics for simple people.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Times did a feature on him a week or so ago, lots of nasty rattling skeletons in his closet by all accounts. Ladies man, not good with accounts, not good in the air.

Good old fashioned muck raking never goes amiss when an important election or two is looming.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good old fashioned muck raking never goes amiss when an important election or two is looming.

That is the way of the world though these days. Minor things can be blown up once the "Angry Mob " gets hold of something.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

We are not going to agree on this one, but the idea that this lot could clean up politics, doesn't stand up to any scrutiny for me.

http://infernalmachine.co.uk/tag/neil-hamilton/

All political parties have their bad eggs, but I can't see UKIP making this any better.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Can anyone advise me of any other leaders whose political parties have absolutely no seats in Parliament who receive the same quantity of media coverage as Farage does?

Would I be out of order to offer up the late "Screaming Lord Sutch" as a possibility ? And though a self confessed looney, in retrospect he seemed less insane than some of today's encumbrance. :mad:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

its not the oldest trick in the book and people are just being hoodwinked by the mail. thats up there with a hybrid x theory. there is no doubt immigration sells papers, but the reason it does is people experience the sharp end. the lack of appreciation of that fact, or empathy for it on this board, is scandalous. this is why this myth perpetuates that its the great and the good just scaring people.

there are many many people who experience the negative impact of mass or poorly controlled immigration. its a genuine concern and issue in many communities and areas. its increasing struggles for resources and access to services. its massively changing demographics without any strategies in place to cope apart from telling people to shut up about it.

if you are a climate change denier you are a nutter, but if you are an immigration denier you are really switched on and clued up apparently. comically shallow state of affairs.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Same as that other one issue politician, Alex Salmond. If it ever comes to the crunch on the single issue that they campaign on, they will be found sadly wanting. It's simple politics for simple people.

salmond is not a single issue politician by any means he is just most famous in England for one issue. thats just simple politics......

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
UKIP are a union between the Raving Loonies and the National Front.
They could call themselves the Tory party.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Heaven forbid Labour get back in because they will return us back to the mess they were voted out for, Ukip will get my vote as the main three parties will lie lie lie just to win

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have spent several seconds considering the issue, and after much careful thought, UKIP =:shit:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
i have got a feeling edna is probably aware of that.

What, because she works for the law? It doesn't always work that way.

Based on her posts it didn't seem like she was aware of the different voting systems - either that or she wanted to ignore that fact in order to make her own argument (fairly likely, I suppose).

I wouldn't like to see Farage in power but I like the fact that he exposing some of the flaws of the other parties.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can anyone advise me of any other leaders whose political parties have absolutely no seats in Parliament who receive the same quantity of media coverage as Farage does?

That's a very good point. The media just love giving him the oxygen of publicity. The Greens don't get anywhere near as much coverage, despite the fact they do have an MP.

Ultimately Farage will fail because the rest of his party will be exposed for what they are - xenophobic and racist:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/inside-ukips-spring-conference-racist-3197692

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here