Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Could Igor play the holding midfielder role?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s early days and will give him time of course but looked worryingly slow defensively. We don’t always get them right and my initial worry is this could be one we have wrong.

* I am not writing him off before many jump on this as ‘nsc judges a player after a game type bollocks - just offering an opinion based on last nights’ poor performance by him *

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Thought he looked great on the ball but wasn't sure he was that great defensively? Early days and I don't like to judge quickly but could he slot into the holding midfielder role which we looked like we missed so badly?
You are a football fan it’s your job to “judge quickly” !!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I f***ing hate those weasely threads. Perhaps people could just not write off a player in the first place…., after one game….when they probably spent most of it queuing up for drinks and pies and going to the bog anyway.

Fence, basically.
And another f***ing poll. I hear you, brother. Halleluiah. Amen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
From nearly two months ago

If we are being conservative, Webster, If we are going for it JPVH. I'm not sure where Igor fits as he looks very Brazilian going forward. Unfortunately he also looks a bit Brazilian when defending. I'm quite relaxed about it as it's RDZ's responsibility and he will get the praise/blame/whatever :thumbsup:

Still probably taking the same line, but Biss, AliMac and Caicedo didn't blow me away in their first game ???

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's not about speed, it's about agility and mobility. He seems to take an age to turn on the ball and that's arguably the most important skill at CM.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very slow, but looked a lot better than JPvH IMO last night.

Not a DM…..

Did have the turning circle of a Greek oil tanker last night as well.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
There's a hell of a lot of work to do before you can play CB in dezerbiball, and it's probably much better to be eased into with Dunk and Veltman on the pitch.
He did fine considering.
Seems a bit absurd to start him in a different position if at all avoidable.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not too sure about him defensively but I’m in the ‘looked decent on the ball’ camp. I imagine that’s why De Zerbi wanted him. Happy to draw the striker in and pop off a quick pass at the last moment. Don’t rate his chances of a recovery if that goes wrong as he does look slow - but only fair to give him a chance to get up to speed.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I thought it could be a role for Pervis - he has the speed and strength to do it and can cross/pass the ball ok. I thought even more so after Lamptey's MUFC game at left back but not so sure now post Thursday.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Saw some strengths and weaknesses in him on Thursday and it’s too early to call on him, Remember JPVH and Colwill first games weren’t great either, so he needs game time with Dunk and Veltman talking to him. He does look like a big strong unit but his pace…..maybe Gross ain’t the slowest player in the squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here