Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could I do the Brighton marathon in 2011 ?.

Shall I run for REMF in the 2011 Brighton marathon ?

• Yes - Do it, just look at what Rocky did in part 6

Votes: 53 69.7%
  • Calm down Spielberg you would have a heart attack

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Just settle for applauding the runners

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • No, lets be sensible now

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Do it.

I'm hardly the epitome of fitness and I managed it. With a bit of training you'd be fine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The fags would have to go.

well it is the "Brighton " marathon ! :thumbsup:

On a serious note, I was utter rubbish at running when young, I never even made 800 metres at school. But, a few years ago I gave up a miserable marriage, then fags and started running. it was tough at first but I managed to get to the state where I was running almost 5 miles 3 -4 times a week. I was going to do a 10K but had some injury niggles and time issues so gave it up.
I'm sure for a worthwhile cause almost anyone can do it so, go for it Uncle...:clap:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did find it inspiring today. After all there is enough sh*t going on and bad things and to see these good people putting their bodies on the line with dedication for months in preparation and raising an estimated £ 3 000 000 for good causes make you realise there really is a lot of good people out there.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
How much training did you do Andy? I must say I too was inspired watching people do it today and made me think why I had never bothered.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am reading this thread with a LARGE whisky and a fag :laugh:

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Having just completed it, I can honestly say that today was one of the greatest days of my life. Running the marathon in my home city, the support on the streets was amazing, only in Brighton.

Do it if you can, but trust me it is tough, basin road was a very dark place today.

Good luck

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Consult your doctor (I'm sure you have one) if they say why not, then go for it... its just another challenge to overcome, granted more than most people, but makes the result that much more worth while!

I'd love to do it, just for the feeling of achievement.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Unc. if you can't stand up for two hours , you have some serious work to do.
Get fitter, it will do you good. But even to walk the distance takes an awful lot of work from zero.
I would say you already do enough for REMF, but if you must, start on a bike.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The units would have to be drastically reduced as well.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I want to vote for the first two - if you can do it then do it :) but only you know if you can go the distance mind

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
US, do it. A year will be plenty enough time. Kick the fags and with the money you save get yourself some running gear, and by the time you finish the marathon you wont need the fags anymore because you'll be knee deep in clunge (well the might be pushing it but women are going to be darned site more interested in that then boozing and smoking).

I haven't run properly for about 5 years, about a month ago I started again, now regularly running 5 miles and ran 10 miles (Brighton Town Centre - Shoreham Power Station) Saturday gone. I'm thinking about doing the Great South Run in October, and I will register for the Marathon next year if I can, will also gladly run on behalf of REMF.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I like the fact the poll includes 3 options for no and just one for yes. Can't decide if that is a tactical decision to 'split' the 'no' vote and mean yes will win, or whether it's you thinking of lots of reasons not to undertake it!

I'd bloody love to run a marathon! I would!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I see what you mean fair enough so its 15-11 could go either way.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry 15-8.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As it stands I need to find my trainers but am a bit worried that 7 people think I will have a heart attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here