Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Could be a very big day for RNLI donations

D

Deleted member 22389

I have no issue with processed, approved refugees. As stated I would love to piss off the Chinese Government by bringing their talented workforce over here and watch Hong Kong implode.

I have issues with the fact that what these people are doing is illegal, dangerous to themselves and the lifeboat crews, gives money to criminal gangs and that they have no reason to fear for their lives in France (unless you can inform me otherwise). Obviously this makes me a Fascist...

I think your comments are spot on, and how many people feel about the situation. At the end of the day what's going on is completely wrong. I shall keep giving to the RNLI, but it's not right they should be put in this position in the first place, all because of the criminals on the other side of the channel putting these people on boats in the first place.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
How do they get processed until they get here.
If your teenage son is being forced to fight for the uprising, or your house is bombed, or your daughter is gay, you get out of the country as soon as you can. Not everyone has a valid current passport. You run, and try to get out.
It is not illegal to cross the Channel in a small boat.
Blimey, France has changed quite a bit since my last visit.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blimey, France has changed quite a bit since my last visit.

Again feigning ignorance. United Nations edict 1951, refugees & asylum seekers do not have to seek asylum in the first country they get to.

Stop trying to land this in the Bear Pit!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't imagine any idiot trying to drag this thread into the bear pit, particularly when it contains so much good news for proper British Patriots

How to donate to the RNLI: Lifeboat donation explained as contributions soar after migrant rescue criticism

The Royal National Lifeboat Institution has raised more than £200,000 in a single day after defending its work rescuing migrants at risk of drowning in the Channel, while volunteering inquiries have almost quadrupled.

The donations and messages of support were in response to its chief executive hitting back at Nigel Farage, who claimed it was running a “migrant taxi service”. It defended its charity work and the role it plays in rescuing migrants at sea – and if you want to contribute to the RNLI’s good work, here’s how you can donate.

https://inews.co.uk/news/rnli-donate-how-lifeboat-charity-donation-explained-migrant-rescue-nigel-farage-1127941

Waving-Union-Jack-great-britain-42721382-320-200.gif

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have no issue with processed, approved refugees. As stated I would love to piss off the Chinese Government by bringing their talented workforce over here and watch Hong Kong implode.

I have issues with the fact that what these people are doing is illegal, dangerous to themselves and the lifeboat crews, gives money to criminal gangs and that they have no reason to fear for their lives in France (unless you can inform me otherwise). Obviously this makes me a Fascist...

I think the logic of what you say is that people fleeing conflict and oppression must seek refuge/asylum in the closest safe(-ish) country. That would hardly be a fair system (and is one of the reasons why the UN Convention doesn't require that). The refugee crisis is not something that can be swept under the carpet, and left to the French (or any other nation) to deal with. The whole world (and mainly the richer nations) need to play their part. Currently the burden is falling disproportionately on many countries who cannot deal with the sheer numbers - especially Syrians fleeing the civil war, and Afghanis fleeing persecution.

And - incidentally - what these people are doing is definitely NOT illegal. The UK government wants to make it illegal, by defining a very narrow "legal" route to claiming asylum - which would make it virtually impossible for any refugee to arrive in the UK "legally". We are trying to wash our hands of a problem instead of doing the decent thing (which we are obliged to do under the UN Convention that we signed up to in 1951).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Again feigning ignorance. United Nations edict 1951, refugees & asylum seekers do not have to seek asylum in the first country they get to.

Stop trying to land this in the Bear Pit!
Fair point, in all those desperate life threatening situations you describe, it seems perfectly reasonable to travel across several safe countries jumping in an unsafe boat to travel across one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world to get to the UK. Whereas an economic migrant ...

May 5, 2020
Sussex
In terms of number of ships, yes by miles.

According to Wikipedia, the RNLI operates 444 lifeboats out of 238 stations.

The Royal Navy has 78 commissioned ships and submarines.

But surely the royal navy must have more floating vessels in total.
The royal marines must have 100 boats they can chip in with plus all the big ships must have lifeboats and maybe other boats too.
I'm sure the public wouldn't be able to keep the navy afloat with donations from fundraisers.
I'm not sure we can compare the two.
But I do agree with the comparison in terms of government Vs privately run.
The royal navy has been cut considably in terms of ships so it's fair to assume that the lifeboats would probably not have 444 boats available if under government control over the decades.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
But surely the royal navy must have more floating vessels in total.
The royal marines must have 100 boats they can chip in with plus all the big ships must have lifeboats and maybe other boats too.
I'm sure the public wouldn't be able to keep the navy afloat with donations from fundraisers.
I'm not sure we can compare the two.
But I do agree with the comparison in terms of government Vs privately run.
The royal navy has been cut considably in terms of ships so it's fair to assume that the lifeboats would probably not have 444 boats available if under government control over the decades.

Even including however many landing craft or whatever they have, it won't get near to 444.

On the other hand, I think the cost of one type 45 destroyer would pay the RNLI budget for about 6 years, so as you say, there's not really a sensible comparison

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fair point, in all those desperate life threatening situations you describe, it seems perfectly reasonable to travel across several safe countries jumping in an unsafe boat to travel across one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world to get to the UK. Whereas an economic migrant ...

There are already two threads in the pit for this sort of post. Please leave this thread for the appreciation of the RNLI.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

At the risk of an infraction, you're quite the obnoxious little prick, aren't you?

As has been said, leave that kind of shit for threads in the pit, or are you incapable of doing so?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There are already two threads in the pit for this sort of post. Please leave this thread for the appreciation of the RNLI.
This thread had already moved beyond the very worthy support for the RNLI, please remember alternative views are still allowed on NSC and you are probably the least qualified to police threads considering your numerous multi account bans [emoji106]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sometimes I despair of this place.

You feed palace trolls
You moan about palace trolls.
You can't wait to feed more palace trolls.

You moan about 'the right' hijacking threads.
You feed 'the right' the moment they hijack threads.
You moan about the thread being correctly moved.

Nomm nommm nommm over and over again.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Edit: Post deleted after reading [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] post above, and agreeing with it

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This thread had already moved beyond the very worthy support for the RNLI, please remember alternative views are still allowed on NSC and you are probably the least qualified to police threads considering your numerous multi account bans [emoji106]

So you think that supporting the RNLI is worthy.
Money is being raised on this thread for the RNLI and may continue to do so.
But you are trying to send it to the pit by banging on about migrants, again, but there are other threads to do this if you must.
Can't we just delete the posts and keep it on this board please.
Sometimes I give up with some on here.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So you think that supporting the RNLI is worthy.
Money is being raised on this thread for the RNLI and may continue to do so.
But you are trying to send it to the pit by banging on about migrants, again, but there are other threads to do this if you must.
Can't we just delete the posts and keep it on this board please.
Sometimes I give up with some on here.
To repeat, this thread had moved on from appreciating the RNLI which I fully support. Why didn't you crticise posts that took it in a different direction earlier?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sometimes I despair of this place.

You feed palace trolls
You moan about palace trolls.
You can't wait to feed more palace trolls.

You moan about 'the right' hijacking threads.
You feed 'the right' the moment they hijack threads.
You moan about the thread being correctly moved.

Nomm nommm nommm over and over again.

It isn't so long ago the trolls would just eat and kill any thread they felt like attacking.

I have used the report abuse button but it doesn't always trigger a thread ban (or the more appropriate total ban). It takes discipline to ignore wanker posters. I lack sufficient discipline so I have 50 of them on ignore, including the Prancing Ninny football 'genius'. I feel inclined to mention this regularly to explain why I haven't joined in the 'debate', and that seems to infuriate some. There is no debate, it is just trolling but it is alowed to go on too long, so people emote.

Oh well, never mind :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here