Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CORRECTION: We're eating more pies and drinking more beer than ever before

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
That Paul Barber is an absolute marvel. Catering queues have gone down dramatically and yet sales have increased.

I've certainly moved across to the Barber In crowd. Marvellous stuff

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bit of a snide thing to say, any feedback is good. Surely?

To be fair, that is exactly what quite a few ignorant posters on here plus the keyboard warriors on facebook/twitter/argus website have done and continue to do, so good on him for saying it

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There are a couple of things in the accounts that I don't understand. Maybe someone who knows about these things does?

First, presumably the P Godfrey whose company was paid around £250,000 by the club last year is Peter Godfrey, the Albion director and former Amex European head. That's quite a lot of money. I wonder what it was for, but I suppose the club doesn't have to say?

And 250,000 new £1 shares were created. All the other issued shares are accounted for (the four directors who bought in at £5000 each, and TB) but not these. Does the fact that no new owner is named mean that it's secret, or perhaps that they went out of the country?

Company's have to report related party transactions, don't know what his business is but if you find that out it will give you a good idea of its purpose.

The annual return was filed at Companies House on 1 December 2014, it will only cost you a pound to download a copy, that will tell you who the shares were issued to.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There are a couple of things in the accounts that I don't understand. Maybe someone who knows about these things does?

First, presumably the P Godfrey whose company was paid around £250,000 by the club last year is Peter Godfrey, the Albion director and former Amex European head. That's quite a lot of money. I wonder what it was for, but I suppose the club doesn't have to say?

And 250,000 new £1 shares were created. All the other issued shares are accounted for (the four directors who bought in at £5000 each, and TB) but not these. Does the fact that no new owner is named mean that it's secret, or perhaps that they went out of the country?

Is this the same Peter Godfrey who once said he didn't have much interest in football but if he had to say which club he supported then he'd say it was Southend United because that's where he grew up? (Actually, it can't be. Mr Barber has made it quite clear that the directors are huge Albion fans. Must be someone else.)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Is this the same Peter Godfrey who once said he didn't have much interest in football but if he had to say which club he supported then he'd say it was Southend United because that's where he grew up? (Actually, it can't be. Mr Barber has made it quite clear that the directors are huge Albion fans. Must be someone else.)

Fancy that, someone supporting a small team from where they grew up! Bring on the plastics

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe just ask him:

1. How many pies sold yr/yr?
2. How many pints sold yr/yr?

I doubt they'd answer, likewise they won't say how many ST sold yr/yr. I wonder if they'll tell us how many replica shirts they sold in 2014/15 compared with 2013/14, 2012/3 and 2011/2.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It's not referencing feedback, it's referencing people looking at the accounts in an ill-informed manner and saying that the club are struggling with catering sales.

There must be lots of invisible people eating and drinking in the BUPA lounge if the takings have gone up on last yer because the place is never very busy, apart from half time, unlike previous seasons,

That Paul Barber is an absolute marvel. Catering queues have gone down dramatically and yet sales have increased.

I've certainly moved across to the Barber In crowd. Marvellous stuff

Remember these figures relate to last season when the catering seemed to be as busy as ever on the concourses. The reports that cover this season could be very interesting given the reduced queues that most of us are experiencing.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It's not referencing feedback, it's referencing people looking at the accounts in an ill-informed manner and saying that the club are struggling with catering sales.

Remember these figures relate to last season when the catering seemed to be as busy as ever on the concourses. The reports that cover this season could be very interesting given the reduced queues that most of us are experiencing.
I'm out again

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Nb: Barber says in the notworththat blogpost that spend per head has in fact still gone up *this* season and also argues that the reduced queues can mean better sales/less waste etc... So altho ticket sales/st holders are of course down , a bit, then PB is still being very bullish ...as we'd expect :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So it's ok for countless ill-informed people to beat the club with a stick, at every perceived opportunity.
Mainly in a cowardly, underhand, faceless, snidey way. (myself included, occasionally)

But not ok for PB to point it out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So it's ok for countless ill-informed people to beat the club with a stick, at every perceived opportunity.
Mainly in a cowardly, underhand, faceless, snidey way. (myself included, occasionally)

But not ok for PB to point it out.
PB can do what he wants, doesn't stop it sounding snidey though.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Wasn't he the old boy in Dad's Army?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
PB can do what he wants, doesn't stop it sounding snidey though.
I can't help thinking we're lucky to just get snidey.
Personally I think he's paid £1 for every time he DOESN'T scream

"GO F**K YOURSELF"

to an Albion 'fan'.

Not a contract I'd sign :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can't help thinking we're lucky to just get snidey.
Personally I think he's paid £1 for every time he DOESN'T scream

"GO F**K YOURSELF"

to an Albion 'fan'.

Not a contract I'd sign :lolol:
Half a million a year would soften the blows.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Company's have to report related party transactions, don't know what his business is but if you find that out it will give you a good idea of its purpose.

"Development of building projects" according to Endole.com - so maybe something to do with the hotel? I wouldn't have thought the training ground needed developing ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Half a million a year would soften the blows.

Actually a bit more than that, according to the accounts. More than the CEOs at most Premier League clubs get, in fact. But they don't have to deal with NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here