Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coronation Day. King or Albion?

Albion or King

• Albion of course

Votes: 220 94.0%
  • Big day in our history so King for me

Votes: 14 6.0%

• Total voters

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm working on Saturday and I'd never have been able to get the day off, so I was one of those who were pleased the Albion game was moved.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I like history, but I also like the pageantry and military aspect of it.
I’ll go in the kitchen to make coffee when the consort gets ‘done’.

Just an observation TB but I suspect the Venn diagram for those who love Royalty, but don't like Camilla or Megan, who by definition are 'royal' would be quite interesting.

But at the end of the day I simply find it very hard to believe, that with all the various shenanigans of the last 1200 odd years, that the individual claiming to be King Charles III is actually the rightful bloodline heir, and it is far more likely to be some string vested 'Rab C Nesbitt' type out in the Australian outback that we should be pledging our allegiance to (for those who want to) instead :wink:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Just an observation TB but I suspect the Venn diagram for those who love Royalty, but don't like Camilla or Megan, who by definition are 'royal' would be quite interesting.

But at the end of the day I simply find it very hard to believe, that with all the various shenanigans of the last 1200 odd years, that the individual claiming to be King Charles III is actually the rightful bloodline heir, and it is far more likely to be some string vested 'Rab C Nesbitt' type out in the Australian outback that we should be pledging our allegiance to (for those who want to) instead :wink:
Can I just say I’m a bit nervous

I mean, the first two Charles were bloody awful, in fact the first one thought he was God and went to war against the people.
And the second one was a complete Wally.
I suppose we should all be thankful for small Mercia.

Doffs cap

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So it’s looking like a vote for The Republic

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mrs Q a usually staunch royalist is not accepting Charles as her king because of the way he treated Diana…,, And don’t ever mention our Queen Consul to her…..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Or Dench, Attenborough or Fry?

Who says we have to have <insert politician you don't like> as a president? A ceremonial apolitical presidential alternative would be fantastic IMO. But we live in a world where 2 thirds of this country are happy enough with injustice so bad that senior royals get away with suspected noncing, fraud, using the RAF as a personal taxi service and so on - because they're scared of losing an unelected head of state.

I'm bored of the argument. If Andrew's conduct isn't enough to make people see the injustice of lack of accountability, then nothing is.
You don’t mention Mary Berry….. why ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here