Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Coronation concert thread

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
She is the complete package. World class vocals, a pioneer of fashion and some of the finest pop hits since The Four Seasons or Kylie Minogue. Quite spectacular.

neither, I am just astonished that they somehow convinced such an incredible talent to perform at this event. What an amazing coup for the organisers.
Is she paying you?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is she paying you?
No. I don’t understand. Why would one of the most famous pop artists alive be paying me to post on a mid-sized English football forum?

It seems highly unlikely and illogical to me. It’s a lot more likely I’m giving my opinion on events at the concert, in the thread dedicated specifically to the concert, as they transpired.

Do you agree that seems more likely in hindsight?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I suppose that tonight's show for Chuck#3 has maintained a link to a Royal tradition that stretches back hundreds of years. It used to be hangings, burning at stakes or being quartered, its a little less bloody these days but they're still dying tonight onstage for the King.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I suppose that tonight's show for Chuck#3 has maintained a link to a Royal tradition that stretches back hundreds of years. It used to be hangings, burning at stakes or being quartered, its a little less bloody these days but they're still dying tonight onstage for the King.
so should we liken this bunch of over the hills and lightweights to the court jesters?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No. I don’t understand. Why would one of the most famous pop artists alive be paying me to post on a mid-sized English football forum?

It seems highly unlikely and illogical to me. It’s a lot more likely I’m giving my opinion on events at the concert, in the thread dedicated specifically to the concert, as they transpired.

Do you agree that seems more likely in hindsight?
I would have thought it was obviously a tongue in cheek comment intended to indicate that I disagree strongly with your assessment of her and her performance.
Different people like different things.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I would have thought it was obviously a tongue in cheek comment intended to indicate that I disagree strongly with your assessment of her and her performance.
Different people like different things.
What pop acts would you have preferred for this type of event?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Whatever happened to Paul McCartney doing 'Hey Jude' at this kind of thing?

Boo

....or 'Sweet Caroline ' by a couple of Spice Gilrls and Right Said Fred?

Booo

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What pop acts would you have preferred for this type of event?
To be fair, it’s not my sort of event or my sort of music. But Elton John or Paul McCartney, for example.
They’re not to my taste, but I thought Take That did a pretty good job of finishing it off.
and the bits I liked best were Stevie Winwood and the Global Choir thing, and then the African Woman - Tiwa Savage(?)
But it’s not easy catering for all tastes.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There's no such thing as "fun for all the family".

All that means is most of the time, most of those in attendance will hate it. It's a turd with a glace cherry hidden in it as a reward for feeling your way through the shit.

I didn't watch btw.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Take That sounding worse than Lionel. .COME ON, SING ALONG to cover the appalling voices
If you ever wanted proof that they can't sing then last night was it - truly shocking. Even our cat did a disappearing act after they started. Probably had more fun licking it's nuts!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Originally, yes.

Either way, we've just got to pray that everything changes for Icy.
I am too old to worry about what people think of my taste in music, I also like Coldplay in concert videos :lolol:

Real shame they weren’t on last night :wink:

And yes I did get your second, this time successful attempt, at name checking a Take That song :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here