Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cornish people to get 'minority status'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Weird

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Look at the picture of the guy on that link. There's inbreeding if ever you saw it

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Not all the time there are comparisons between East and West Sussex.Sussex and Kent. North and South. The Scotch and Welsh. Scousers and Mancs. And that is just for starters.

I left East Sussex 14 years ago. I've only just started to feel at home here in the west, now I understand the culture, and now feel comfortable enough to vote in local elections. I still have issues with travelling into deepest Hampshire and Surrey given the history between us. I got as far as Alfold the other day and had a panic attack. Kent has always been a no-go area, especially Gravesend.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If the opportunity for Sussex to do the same ever arose, due to the amount of people on here who think that Brighton and Sussex is the best place in the universe to live, I think it would be a massive yes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good for them if that is what they want.

Shame they haven't been made to feel part of the Great British community over the years though. I know many Liverpudlians also feel ostracized from the rest of the country I wonder if there are any others.

Coventry maybe?

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
Being from Devon, I naturally have a particular annoyance with Cornwall and those Wildlings from beyond the bridge.

They seem to think they're special and apart from the rest of the country, when actually they really aren't.

Also the landscape of Cornwall is incredibly overrated, in their own minds they think it's like the beautiful parts of Ireland. Devon is much nicer and the people actually care about what's going on in the rest of the country rather than their own little sect.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I'm married to a Cornish girl , have been going down there 20 years plus . Amazing place really nice people slower way of life ,son lives there Cornish seagull ) ( nhs leg pain ). When u speak to them and ask them because of where they r situated they feel abandoned at times especially in the winter jobs r really hard to come by , they r Very passionate about there county the ones I know would do anything to help u no matter how old fashion it is to us

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Being from Devon, I naturally have a particular annoyance with Cornwall and those Wildlings from beyond the bridge.

They seem to think they're special and apart from the rest of the country, when actually they really aren't.

DNA says they are a distinct people than those from Devon and most of the rest of England.

So yes,they are from a different genetic background. There's no debating that. Oxford University mapped the whole of Britian.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wonder how much taxpayers cash has been wasted on this project?

Well £120k on promoting the Cornish language to start with. That said I don't have an issue with it - Cornwall is a lovely part of the country with very friendly people.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I'm married to a Cornish girl , have been going down there 20 years plus. Amazing place really nice people slower way of life ,son lives there Cornish seagull ) ( nhs leg pain ). When u speak to them and ask them because of where they r situated they feel abandoned at times especially in the winter jobs r really hard to come by , they r Very passionate about there county the ones I know would do anything to help u no matter how old fashion it is to us

:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Also the landscape of Cornwall is incredibly overrated, in their own minds they think it's like the beautiful parts of Ireland. Devon is much nicer and the people actually care about what's going on in the rest of the country rather than their own little sect.

Racist.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I left East Sussex 14 years ago. I've only just started to feel at home here in the west, now I understand the culture, and now feel comfortable enough to vote in local elections. I still have issues with travelling into deepest Hampshire and Surrey given the history between us. I got as far as Alfold the other day and had a panic attack. Kent has always been a no-go area, especially Gravesend.

Immigrant scum! Get out of the west side of the county you comer-in!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hats off to a great campaign run by "Framework 4 Unity: Cornwall-Kernow - Minorities of England", otherwise known by the acronym F.U.C.K.M.E.

I think this is a really good thing - my great-grandmother was born and raised in Penzance so I have a drop of Cornish blood in me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here