banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
IMG_7837.gif

Don’t need charging.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Bought an Einhell one last year and it's been superb. My garden is only 30' x 10', but I can get about three cuts out of that before recharging. As someone else said, if the grass is long and damp, you need to raise the blade to stop it getting jammed with all the grass, that's the same with any mower.

Last edited:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022

But having had a friend who kept sheep in one of his fields (Welsh brothel we used to call it in our younger unenlightened days) they are the world’s stupidest creatures and will cost far more in vets bills than any mower.

If a sheep can find a way to get stuck, lost, injured, ill or killed, it will manage it. They were almost impressive in their ingenuity.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Help. I bought a Greenworks one middle of last summer and was delighted with it last year, no problems. This year however, probably due to the rain it has really struggled to cope with the extra length to cut. It basically cuts out ALL the time, well after about a minute of running, and this gets worse the more I persevere. Have asked a few lawn mower repair shops about it but they got very snooty about not touching it because it's a cheap machine. It cost £370 by the way.

Anyone else had similar problems.

Any recommendations for a replacement? Happy to pay more if it's going to actually work.

Had petrol mowers previously but they have their own issues and I have generally enjoyed going electric until now.
I've got one of them, certainly didn't think it was a cheap one! No problens so far

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I work in the horticulture industry. If you want an electric mower Husqvarna are generally considered one of the best options. You can get one for around £450.
Second vote for these bods…i have two petrol machines from them….more than happy…i use a small battery cordless mower from Sthil….its ok but i only bought it as i was already in their eco system and had batteries and a charger.

I assume the OP has the mower at the highest cut and the underneath of the deck isn’t jammed up with mud and grass from previous cuts…..has he tried it on a bit of grass that isn’t long?
Re repairs…i use AMP out at Small Dole ..maybe give them a call (ask for Ray)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Help. I bought a Greenworks one middle of last summer and was delighted with it last year, no problems. This year however, probably due to the rain it has really struggled to cope with the extra length to cut. It basically cuts out ALL the time, well after about a minute of running, and this gets worse the more I persevere. Have asked a few lawn mower repair shops about it but they got very snooty about not touching it because it's a cheap machine. It cost £370 by the way.

Anyone else had similar problems.

Any recommendations for a replacement? Happy to pay more if it's going to actually work.

Had petrol mowers previously but they have their own issues and I have generally enjoyed going electric until now.
I have a Mac Allister. It is a beauty. I also have their strimmer. Mower cost around £130 around 4 years ago (and the strimmer much less).

One of my neighbours recently offered me £35,000 for it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Should probably mention I mow on a slight incline as well although mowing downhill I have the same problem as uphill!
It's many years since I've seen an uphill gardening joke on NSC. And you, a moderator? What were you thinking? ???

Still, 6/10 for the set up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have a Mac Allister. It is a beauty. I also have their strimmer. Mower cost around £130 around 4 years ago (and the strimmer much less).

Lol…..saw three of these being scrapped today when I visited the company that keeps me on the grass so to speak..I won’t repeat what they thought of them 😉

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've got the dewalt cordless which I got for £320 in the sale. Cuts very well but doesn't cope with damp grass that well.

If the grass is dry and not too long it does a very neat cut.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

With a sell on clause. Obvs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here