Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corbyn's "flexible football ticket"

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh shit - why did I never think of retraining as a professional footballer!

You don't half spout a lot of bollox..........

Ever heard words like sanctimonious and patronising, have you? High time you did.

What do you mean? We are always told by those who enjoy privilege that it is easy to better one's self. All you need to do is take the opportunities that are given to you. If you are not given those opportunities or your upbringing, culture, lifestyle and surroundings means you don't or can't place value the things that will afford you opportunities?

This Comic about privilege explains two different scenarios quite nicely

http://www.boredpanda.com/privilege-explanation-comic-strip-on-a-plate-toby-morris/

It is of course possible to work hard and achieve anything. However to think that it is a level playing field and we all start at the same point is nonsense. We all have obstacles to over come in life, it is just that some people have more of them and they are harder to negotiate.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Or, do what I do... Go to Trainline, get it miles cheaper than rocking up at the station, click the cancellation insurance box, and have no further worries.

I may be missing something here, but how exactly des that help you to GET TO THE GAME, when the fixture is moved at short notice?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... The point I am making is not that there should be no difference in wages for different people it is that currently in many areas of business that gap is too wide.

what gap is sufficiently narrow enough for you then?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
*If you give a man a fish, and he will be fed for a day
*If you give a man a way to catch his own fish, and he will be able to feed himself for a lifetime
*If you give a man a fish everyday, whats the incentive for him to catch his own fish?
* If you take fish off others that can catch more than 1 fish a day, and give it to someone who does nothing for himself and relies on daily handouts instead, someone who is perfectly capable of catching his own fish and will it just breed resentment and makes them question why they should catch their own fish when they too can just rely on handouts and not put the effort in themselves (why bother? they too can then whinge about those who catch their own possibly having more fish than them, whilst ignoring the time and effort they put in to get it for themselves)

What if you are a VEGAN?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
what gap is sufficiently narrow enough for you then?

I read a few things a while back suggesting that CEO's shouldn't earn more than 20 times that of the average worker. This was to foster a togetherness and team ethic of companies in order to get the best out of everyone. I can see if I can find reference to it if you are interested.

There are a few relevant ideas in this blog https://blog.deming.org/2015/02/pet...tio-of-20-to-1-for-ceo-to-average-worker-pay/

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I read a few things a while back suggesting that CEO's shouldn't earn more than 20 times that of the average worker. This was to foster a togetherness and team ethic of companies in order to get the best out of everyone. I can see if I can find reference to it if you are interested.

There are a few relevant ideas in this blog https://blog.deming.org/2015/02/pet...tio-of-20-to-1-for-ceo-to-average-worker-pay/

so just drawing on a decades old idea, that the world has ignored.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I dol phin k it did.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Nice rebuttal, how is the debating team doing this season

you didnt really offer much to debate, just an idea that not been accepted as sensible or logical. i was going to go on to say thats only ~500k for a CEO of a company thats workforce reflected the national average, with consequences for companies that have workforce earning below the average in the quality of business leaders they could attract. i was going to note the assumption with pay ratio's that pay would increase at the bottom, which overlooks wages are largely determined by market rate for the skills. i was also going to highlight the anomalies for smaller businesses or very large international companies which would need addressing, and the potential for company structures that got around the ratio. didn't seem worth it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
you didnt really offer much to debate, just an idea that not been accepted as sensible or logical. i was going to go on to say thats only ~500k for a CEO of a company thats workforce reflected the national average, with consequences for companies that have workforce earning below the average in the quality of business leaders they could attract. i was going to note the assumption with pay ratio's that pay would increase at the bottom, which overlooks wages are largely determined by market rate for the skills. i was also going to highlight the anomalies for smaller businesses or very large international companies which would need addressing, and the potential for company structures that got around the ratio. didn't seem worth it.

No you are right, it wasn't.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
....and since the unions have been dismantled, which party holds all the power in this agreement?

The one earning a hundred times more than the other.

If you apply for a role and get made an offer. You either accept it or decline it. That's it. Unions have nothing to do with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here