Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CORBYN-Policies NOT The Man

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
regardless of the feasibility it's the optics of the idea that would make middle England choke on it's cornflakes. You'd think really?

Indeed yes,but i dont think JC cares what middle England thinks..... they are not really his target audience.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Indeed yes,but i dont think JC cares what middle England thinks..... they are not really his target audience.

Which like I said is basically voluntary capitulation by the Labour party to the tories for a good long while. It really beggars belief.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
LIKE He has suggested a large reduction in corporation grants and tex relief with (all) the money underwriting a national investment bank to support businesses. I like this in principle - it could see cash being directed to where it was most needed and would be a move towards the superior German system of business financing. It would be hard to implement though - like politicians, the public sector is not exactly aflame with business nous.

DISLIKE His definition of 'democracy' which seems to involve quick and regular headcounts of factions such as national and local Labout party members and trade union activists.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Interesting times for those that like their politics.
another thread descended into his dodgy past with terrorists

but what about simply discussing his policies only,and the implications of said stuff should he become PM in 2020

Economy

End austerity
high taxes for the rich
Print more money(quantitative easing)
Raise £120bn annually by clamping down on tax avoidance
Nationalize Railways
Nationalize Utilities

Defence

Withdraw from Nato
Abandon 2% of defence of GDP plan
Stop Trident continuing until 2032 by defeating the gov in 2016 vote

Education

End public schools' charitable status,
Tuition fees scrapped and a return to the grant system
free universal childcare for everyone, rich or poor

Housing

Introduce rent controls
right to buy at a discount to include those in social housing and private rented accommodation

EU

opposes the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)
Not sure anyone knows where he really stands on EU membership.....mixed messages

Monarchy

No longer interested in that fight

think i am fairly correct in what he is standing for but willing to be corrected

I agree with just about most of that
interesting that the other guy is saying that he will go along with some of that if the younger element of the voters go with him .......just a little to late for that.
yes OK some of what Corbyn is saying is left field, but lets wait and see when the British public realise they have been taken for a ride by the tories and are sick to the teeth with their austerity policies for another five years and also sick of the rich jangling the money in THEIR pockets.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
surely a better decision process than deciding to leg it from the ticket inspectors on saturday :lolol:

More like displaying some hurdling skills that Colin Jackson in his day would of been proud of ��

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Which like I said is basically voluntary capitulation by the Labour party to the tories for a good long while.

Maybe. Maybe not. There's a huge anti-austerity sentiment that he might just succeed in tapping into. Plus renationalisation of the railways and the energy supplies is going to hold an attraction for many. Not saying it'll be enough to overthrow the Tories, but it will certainly appeal to very many Old Labour supporters who have had nothing positive worth voting for for WAY too long..

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Love this bloke to win the leadership election..................will make the Labour Party unelectable for 20 years or more!!!

they said that about Edward Heath years ago
and he got in

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Deal!

And I hope the thought (or threat?) of dinner with me doesn't swing your vote positively or negatively :smile:

Ha ha - my vote can't be brought. At least I know I'll get some decent nosh from you.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Maybe. Maybe not. There's a huge anti-austerity sentiment that he might just succeed in tapping into. Plus renationalisation of the railways and the energy supplies is going to hold an attraction for many. Not saying it'll be enough to overthrow the Tories, but it will certainly appeal to very many Old Labour supporters who have had nothing positive worth voting for for WAY too long..

+ he will give the tories something to think about rather than sitting in opposition nodding like toy dogs

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
they said that about Edward Heath years ago
and he got in

They didn't ... but they did say it about Thatcher.

She was a) the reluctant candidate (as no-one else from the right stood)
b) a complete outsider
c) rather blunt and honest in her answers (to the despair of the Tory establishment)
d) Espousing a set of policies very far from the centre ground

Anyone who thinks Corbyn's election would keep the Tories in power for 20 years doesn't know what they're talking about. That would mean the Tories winning six elections (or more) on the trot - no party has ever won more than four (and that only once). I fully expect to see Labour back in power in 10 years time ... and it will be a more left-wing Labour party than it currently is

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If he wins, (and FWIW I still think Burnham will, although I really dislike his approach to Corbyn today, as it smacks of desperation) then Scotland may turn back in part to Labour, but the marginals Labour would need to win in England would disappear from reach.

It would be 2025, 10 years away, before the Labour Party had any chance of winning an election.

Dandyman

In London village.
Interesting times for those that like their politics.
another thread descended into his dodgy past with terrorists

but what about simply discussing his policies only,and the implications of said stuff should he become PM in 2020

Economy

End austerity
high taxes for the rich
Print more money(quantitative easing)
Raise £120bn annually by clamping down on tax avoidance
Nationalize Railways
Nationalize Utilities

Defence

Withdraw from Nato
Abandon 2% of defence of GDP plan
Stop Trident continuing until 2032 by defeating the gov in 2016 vote

Education

End public schools' charitable status,
Tuition fees scrapped and a return to the grant system
free universal childcare for everyone, rich or poor

Housing

Introduce rent controls
right to buy at a discount to include those in social housing and private rented accommodation

EU

opposes the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)
Not sure anyone knows where he really stands on EU membership.....mixed messages

Monarchy

No longer interested in that fight

think i am fairly correct in what he is standing for but willing to be corrected

Other than leaving NATO I and I suspect a significant part of the electorate would support most or all of that. In truth the passage from the beliefs of a particular politician to actual implementation is long and winding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here