Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CORBYN-Policies NOT The Man

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm much more likely to vote Labour with someone like Corbyn in charge than any of the other three identikit candidates. He at least appears to have some morals and a purpose. And that is coming from a UKIP supporter !

I'll take you out for dinner the day you vote Labour. That's a promise!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
well that cant be right....according to mustafa and dave you must be a fascist for being UKIP.......you are not permitted to be associated with Labour or anyone else......it ruins their argument UKIP are nazis

Pretty sure ive not accused anybody who supports ukip as a fascist/Nazi. Naive probably. I have said the party is full of racists, little Englanders and ex bnp. It is.
If I have called somebody a fascist/Nazi for supporting this useless party, please show me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Raise £120bn annually by clamping down on tax avoidance
Surely we'd all love that, but it sounds less realistic than us wanting Brighton to win the Champions League.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This is one approach. But, as seen across other countries, maybe this is changing with time and with more and more people being trapped outside the so called middle-ground.

Well it will be interesting to see what happens if he gets voted in. I am not currently convinced that the electorate as a whole are ready for a lurch to the left and that this call for change is from a very loud but ultimately not significant enough minority.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not sure that people want left or right politics these days. Middle of the road seems to be ruling the day. Cons have moved a bit to the left, Labour moved a bit to the right.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
This is insane. Take everything people didn't like about Ed Milliband, and double, no triple down. I've never seen voluntary capitulation like this. What did David Cameron do to be afforded such weak opponents? He wants to reopen the mines - there are no words.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did in 97 ! And I work just the corner from your British base so you're on.

Deal!

And I hope the thought (or threat?) of dinner with me doesn't swing your vote positively or negatively :smile:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It's good to have choice. Two parties in the centre has become all about personalities and not about politics. At least with Corbyn there might be some sort of debate.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I agree that it's not the same as selling off gilts, but the effect is the same: there's an increase in the money supply

thats where the similarity ends. buying gilts (not selling) helps the banks shore up their balance sheets and encourages them to seek investment elsewhere in the economy in order to make a bit of profit, so indirectly increases money supply in the wider economy. hence lack of inflation. setting up a bank to directly inject cash into projects, however well intentioned, will be pumping cash into the economy that will increase inflation. basically Corbyn's economic message is "dont like austerity, to fix it i'll create growth through inflation". this isnt Keynesian, that would at least expect loans to fuel the government spending. this is dangerous, when tried before its lead to fairly disastrous economic collapse.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Pretty sure ive not accused anybody who supports ukip as a fascist/Nazi. Naive probably. I have said the party is full of racists, little Englanders and ex bnp. It is.
If I have called somebody a fascist/Nazi for supporting this useless party, please show me.

you are really winding me up .....show me one country on the face of the planet that isn't nationalistic...the only reason we are so far ahead is because we just are..... we started this whole shemozzle 200 years ago....why is that , a pissy little island on the edge of north western europe , why do we have the houses of parliament , tower bridge , buck house , etc , etc , etc , if you are ashamed to be english as you continuously seem to be why dont you just speak czech....? england is a power house being digested from within....the entity doing the digesting is ,currently , the conservative party , once they get booted it will be the labour party , sickening thing is that 90% of the population cant even see it cos there to busy watching brookside/corry/whatever.....****s.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
you are really winding me up .....show me one country on the face of the planet that isn't nationalistic...the only reason we are so far ahead is because we just are..... we started this whole shemozzle 200 years ago....why is that , a pissy little island on the edge of north western europe , why do we have the houses of parliament , tower bridge , buck house , etc , etc , etc , if you are ashamed to be english as you continuously seem to be why dont you just speak czech....? england is a power house being digested from within....the entity doing the digesting is ,currently , the conservative party , once they get booted it will be the labour party , sickening thing is that 90% of the population cant even see it cos there to busy watching brookside/corry/whatever.....****s.

Im not ashamed to be English. You ARE an idiot.
Anything else?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well it will be interesting to see what happens if he gets voted in.

I think he will find it almost impossible to assemble a shadow cabinet. If he does win I believe there is virtually zero possibility of him leading Labour into the next General Election (assuming that this current Government serves it's full 5 year term) and Labour will be back electing a new leader in 2 to 3 years maximum.

The collateral damage from Miliband's disastrous tenure continues; his decision to step down immediately after the election defeat looks likely to cause more long-term harm to the Labour party than the election defeat itself. Miliband effectively killed the Labour party as an electoral force, Corbyn is simply putting the last few nails in the lid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here