CORBYN, McDONNELL AND LIVINGSTONE.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Jeremy Corbyn is expected to grant Labour MPs a free vote on extending UK air strikes against so-called Islamic State into Syria, the BBC understands.

But the Labour leader is believed to want his party to take a position of opposition to military action.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34967024

There's nothing like principled decisive leadership and this is nothing like decisive principled leadership.

The only way to have realistically prevented Cameron calling a vote to bomb ISIS in Syria was to insist on a Labour 3 line whip but it would appear attempting to keep a lid on party divisions is more important than principled opposition to air strikes.

Labours current position on War in Syria is depends who you ask :mad:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Corbyn capitulates to the Labour MPs...

Jeremy Corbyn will grant Labour MPs a free vote on UK air strikes against so-called Islamic State in Syria.
BBC chief political correspondent Vicki Young said Mr Corbyn had wanted Labour to adopt a policy of opposition to air strikes, but was forced to back down by his shadow cabinet.
The leader was given a "thorough kicking" in the meeting, she was told.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Corbyn capitulates to the Labour MPs...

Jeremy Corbyn will grant Labour MPs a free vote on UK air strikes against so-called Islamic State in Syria.
BBC chief political correspondent Vicki Young said Mr Corbyn had wanted Labour to adopt a policy of opposition to air strikes, but was forced to back down by his shadow cabinet.
The leader was given a "thorough kicking" in the meeting, she was told.

and so it should be, I am hoping that each individual MP has been and asked his constituants their opinion and will vote accordingly ......................its called democracy.
my worry is that they have not consulted their constituants and get it wrong if this is the case they must expect to be considered for de-selection at some time.
I also wonder how many of the tory MP's consulted their constituants?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and so it should be, I am hoping that each individual MP has been and asked his constituants their opinion and will vote accordingly ......................its called democracy.
my worry is that they have not consulted their constituants and get it wrong if this is the case they must expect to be considered for de-selection at some time.

Wouldn't politics be more exciting if all votes in HoC were both 'free' and compulsory?

Perhaps nothing would get done, but it would be fun watching the individual MPs have to make up their own minds and go on the record one way or the other, rather than hide behind the party line.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Leftie in trying to defend an indefensible argument shocker YET AGAIN!

Did your MP come knocking on your door asking which way he/she should vote in the budget debate?

Did they telephone you to get your opinion on the recent bill about cyber security?

Stop prevaricating when the argument is already lost, bit like the election there. As it happens I think Jesus has done the only thing he could do if he wanted to escape with ANY kind of standing in the PLP, the fact that the BBC is reporting that he has 'taken a good kicking' just shows that he is on borrowed time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Did your MP come knocking on your door asking which way he/she should vote in the budget debate?

Did they telephone you to get your opinion on the recent bill about cyber security?

Stop prevaricating when the argument is already lost, bit like the election there. As it happens I think Jesus has done the only thing he could do if he wanted to escape with ANY kind of standing in the PLP, the fact that the BBC is reporting that he has 'taken a good kicking' just shows that he is on borrowed time.

no she has not .....................................but then she is a tory and I would not expect anything else
good kicking eh!
wait till the shite hits the fan over the bullying ................and at least that tw@t Shapps has gone

EDIT please stop trying to deflect the arguement over to Labour ......sort you own party out first
and good luck with that one

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We don't elect an MP so that they can consult us on every vote, or else we might as well have a referendum on every single issue. We vote for MPs that we think will make the right choice most of the time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We don't elect an MP so that they can consult us on every vote, or else we might as well have a referendum on every single issue. We vote for MPs that we think will make the right choice most of the time.

not on questions as serious as going to war we/I don't

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
EDIT please stop trying to deflect the arguement over to Labour ......sort you own party out first

The party I support won an increased majority at the last general election just six months ago (you know, democracy and all that) and have around four and a half years left to govern, but if your shower of imbeciles continue in their current vein that could easily be nearly 10 years. They really don't seem to need much sorting out in their endeavours to improve the economy right now, the independent Office for Budget Responsibility found the 27 billion windfall for them.

You guys have been crying into your Morning Star ever since the election result, all bitter and twisted. Stop whinging and whining, to coin a phrase 'man up', sort your rabble out and come up with a credible alternative to the Tories, not some dreamer with a utopian vision of what the world COULD be like IF it were a nicer place. It ain't, get used to it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
no she has not .....................................but then she is a tory and I would not expect anything elsegood kicking eh!
wait till the shite hits the fan over the bullying ................and at least that tw@t Shapps has gone

It might be a good idea not to post at all instead of such nonsense. Why would a Labour MP be more likely to knock on your door than a Tory? Surely this would be down to the individual irrespective of any party loyalties.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Morning Alfred. He does not condone but explains why they did it. The others are the ones who are saying he is siding with the London bombers. Anyway it was Buckfast not White Lightening.
Anyone who attempts to rationalise what they did is condoning it to some extent.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

You don't expect MPs to consult on every issue but when it is about potentially going to war and with the possibility of putting troops on the ground then they should be aware of what the mood is in their constituency. MPs don't just represent members of their parties, they represent their constituents.

Corbyn handled this all wrong. He is in all but name a pacifist but also principled. He was stupid to send the letter before the meeting today and even more stupid to let Abbott spout off in a way that was trying to drive the PLP into a position where they had to support Corbyn. A free vote (on all sides of the house) is the correct approach but Corbyn has lost face on an issue that should be above party politics. I think the Tories have also lost a bit of credibility as they have sought to make political gain out of Corbyn's ineptitude!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You don't expect MPs to consult on every issue but when it is about potentially going to war and with the possibility of putting troops on the ground then they should be aware of what the mood is in their constituency. MPs don't just represent members of their parties, they represent their constituents.

Corbyn handled this all wrong. He is in all but name a pacifist but also principled. He was stupid to send the letter before the meeting today and even more stupid to let Abbott spout off in a way that was trying to drive the PLP into a position where they had to support Corbyn. A free vote (on all sides of the house) is the correct approach but Corbyn has lost face on an issue that should be above party politics. I think the Tories have also lost a bit of credibility as they have sought to make political gain out of Corbyn's ineptitude!

I love the fact Corbyn was thinking about whether to make this a free vote yet he was the most ill disciplined MP under the whip

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The party I support won an increased majority at the last general election just six months ago (you know, democracy and all that) and have around four and a half years left to govern, but if your shower of imbeciles continue in their current vein that could easily be nearly 10 years. They really don't seem to need much sorting out in their endeavours to improve the economy right now, the independent Office for Budget Responsibility found the 27 billion windfall for them.

You guys have been crying into your Morning Star ever since the election result, all bitter and twisted. Stop whinging and whining, to coin a phrase 'man up', sort your rabble out and come up with a credible alternative to the Tories, not some dreamer with a utopian vision of what the world COULD be like IF it were a nicer place. It ain't, get used to it.

Didn't he Institute for Fiscal Studies comment that there is only a 50/50 chance that the £27b will materialise. Doesn't that make Osborne a bit of a gambler?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

You seem to be operating under the misapprehension that the general public are against air strikes in Syria. Just in case you missed it last time ..

attachment.php

Following your argument any MP who votes against air strikes 'must expect to be considered for de-selection at some time.' ???

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
If any of the ****tards in the House of Commons had any interest in the wellbeing of our country and its people, they would put party politics aside and sit down together and thrash out a solution that, actually, benefits the nation as a whole, rather than sitting making goat, sheep and donkey noises at each other. They're all just a bunch of self important, self interested ********s. I'm sick of hearing how wonderful Corbyn is, and about the Satan Cameron, they're both incompetent twats, totally out of their depth. That's it, I've had enough of pondering on why our country is run and opposed by a bunch of tossers who have no interests other than their own political futures, I'm going to ignore the social media binfests and concentrate on the important issue of the Albion getting promoted, this season.:albion2:

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
attachment.php

Following your argument any MP who votes against air strikes 'must expect to be considered for de-selection at some time.' ???

With the debate being led, largely, by the right wing media, the military and others I'm not surprised that the publics support is changing towards war.

I'm certain that the world must stop ISIS and throw out Assad but a few brimstone missiles is not the solution. If we mean business we have to commit soldiers, a LOT of soldiers. That means a LOT of dead British soldiers. It's harsh but true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here