Sussex
Jeremys Defence And Security Plan

Goodbrueeee-blackadder-12056112-480-363.jpg

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Haven't we all done that after a few sherberts? :wink:

Probably not shagged a pig... but I do agree with your thinking...I may well have done some very silly things...obviously due to being young or drunk..Jeremy would have been the sad little boy in the background who would have told his mummy..

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Bloody Corbyn.
He probably won't put any aircraft on our new aircraft carriers either.
Oh, hang on a minute.

1 I agree these threads are snoozeville
2 The F35's will be on time for the 2018 deck trials ( u don't know what your talking about.
3 Thankfully you have more chance of Herr Tubthumper correctly predicting an outcome of an election/referendum than Corbyn being involved in defence decision making.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What, are robots going to do everything by then?

its a possiblity. many labour intensive roles are on the brink of being replaced by robots, its a matter of whats more cost effective to deliver a service, including the public sector. more and more people will be self employed or in small medium businesses, where unions are less relevent. Labour needs to adjust to a world where their old paymasters dont have any importance, with a focus more on general employment laws and protections.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The whole article shows Corbyn in his true colours.

No nuclear weapons, While everyone can probably agree that firing nuclear weapons would be abhorrent, would leaving the subs without nuclear warheads remove the mutually assured destruction that was part of the reason that during the cold war neither the east or west was willing to resort to a military war.

With North Korea celebrating their membership of the nuclear club, we probably still need such a defence option.

However the other points picked up are also worrying. The discussion with Argentina over the Falklands while accepting the islanders right to remain should not be an option. This could lead to Argentina having sovereignty over the Falklands with the islanders given the right to remain. However each time the islanders have voted on the issue, something like 98% what to remain under the protection of the UK. Given that Corbyn plays the listening to voters concerns car, he would seem to be willing to not listen to the Falkland Island residents, presumably on the basis, that they are unable to vote for Labour.

Also does anyone what to retain the era of secondary strikes and pickets which will be turning the clock back to the bad old days of union power

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Probably not shagged a pig... but I do agree with your thinking...I may well have done some very silly things...obviously due to being young or drunk..Jeremy would have been the sad little boy in the background who would have told his mummy..

Osborne would have been tommy tanking in the corner, enjoying his view.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

And punched by the big boys.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Quite alarmed at the amount of people defending Corbyn without making any mention of the specific policy that he suggested.

The blinkers remain on ...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
These Corbyn threads are getting desperate now. Really, is this the best you can do?
Oh great, another Corbyn thread.
So when Cameron does something silly, are we not supposed to have threads about that, or is that different?

Corbyn has come up with a ridiculous policy idea, that is news. Your current leader is a nut case and you want people to stop picking on him. Bless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1 I agree these threads are snoozeville
2 The F35's will be on time for the 2018 deck trials ( u don't know what your talking about.
3 Thankfully you have more chance of Herr Tubthumper correctly predicting an outcome of an election/referendum than Corbyn being involved in defence decision making.

Very funny. Don't shoot the messenger; I'm only as good as the views and opinions I read in The Guardian!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here