Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Conveyancing advice for a first time buyer

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Anyone like to suggest a good one in Eastbourne? Total newbie here too who's had just accepted an offer on our house after only being up for 2 weeks and was first viewers! :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Ones to AVOID

Premier Property Lawyers
Conveyancing Direct
Convey Law

They may be cheap, but you get what you pay for

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Isabel Middleton of Kingsley Bond is excellent. She helps with a lot of my mortgage clients. I can PM her details

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
My experience when buying property is that the buyers and sellers solicitors always like to pass the buck. My advice would be to ask to be copied in to ALL emails between solicitors so that you can see what's going on and follow up with the relevant party if responses to questions are taking too long.

The opposing solicitor will never reply to you if you email them, they'll just take you off their reply saying "I do not take instructions from your client" and you'll just waste people's time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This. And to add - it's much better to have someone local to you that you can pop into for signing papers etc. For some reason solicitors and land registery haven't discovered digital signing !
This isn’t an issue for Dean Wilson. I have transferred deeds and updated leaseholds from Germany before. The land register take forever though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Added to "you get what you pay for" instruct a surveyor to carry out a proper survey not the drive by ones the mortgage company does.

Make sure you carefully read the service charge accounts and the lease and check if a sinking fund/reserve is allowed under the lease and if so there is enough saved towards major works and/or external redecoration.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Isabel Middleton

07977 200170

Conveyancing Executive at Kingsley Bond Solicitors

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports