[Football] Conte on verge of leaving Spurs

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They'll probably want him to stay until they play us.

That'll make him feel so much better about himself and the squad.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He’s a top draw manager no doubt about it. If you are at his level why would you want to waste time and effort coaching a Dan Burn when you can buy a much better player :shrug:

Oh I get that, but there's only a finite level of top jobs. As Mourinho is finding out, once you've churned through the top tier of clubs, you're left with the likes of Spurs and Roma. I guess that's only a problem if you want to keep working in your sixties though

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
“If the problem could be the coach (I’ll go)”……..suggests he’s pretty sure it’s not and he won’t.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If he can only operate with the best players in the world then yes of course. What would you call it ? And why the patronizing emoji ?

Because to say that somebody who has won 5 league titles in Italy and England in the last 10 years with 3 different teams, not to mention in that time instigated tactics that were copied by most managers in the top leagues in Europe, lacks coaching ability is quite funny!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Because to say that somebody who has won 5 league titles in Italy and England in the last 10 years with 3 different teams, not to mention in that time instigated tactics that were copied by most managers in the top leagues in Europe, lacks coaching ability is quite funny!

I was commenting on the theory that he only has the ability to work with the best players in the world. By contrast Potter and Bielsa are renowned for their coaching ability in improving players. Not so funny when you take the time to consider someone else’s point of view.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

So he is blameless for Spurs losing 4 of their last 5 games and it is all down to all of the players he has played in that time?

His achievements are what are expected at the biggest teams in their league. I think he has been exposed by taking charge of a 'second tier' side.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Poch, Mourinho, Nuno, Conte all good managers and yet none could make headway with this group of players.

Who is to blame, simple, Daniel Levy. He simply doesn’t not invest properly in the squad and this is the outcome. If you were a spurs fan you would be tearing your hair out, world class manager, amazing stadium, top class centre forward and yet they are absolutely rubbish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They were good enough to beat us easily.

Our desperate need to shoot ourselves in the foot is the gift that keeps on giving, for troubled teams and managers alike.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1496596164195622917[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here