Constant Negativity

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ha! Nope. I was there all the way. The York game, the Mansfield game, the Fans United. f*** me. I remember when we went up to Div 1 and playing Arsenal, looking at the North Stand from the South Stand with all the other kiddies and thinking - I don't remember all those black blokes supporting us last year.

I was there, first 'home' game at Gillingham against Macclesfield (?) and thinking - Christ, is this what it's come to? I'm just saying that it's pointless trying to tell people who weren't there that they should count their blessings. It's all relative innit?

Fair dos, sorry for being so patronising :facepalm::blush:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Some people have got into the mentality of the dark times and not realised we have now moved on and finally we can actually be positive

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever the reasons for people choosing to gripe, we really have f*** ALL to moan about at the moment. Bad times will be back one day what will the moaners do then, kill themselves?

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ah, another of these threads. How wonderfully patronising.

Who is moaning?
One thread criticising Barnes for missing chances yesterday that might have given us all 3 points.

Other than that, everything seems quite positive actually. We're top of the league and playing some of the best football we've seen in years.

So why are so many people getting all high and mighty about people being negative?!

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
Having worked with Lincoln fans for a lot of years,believe me, some clubs fans are not happy unless they sre whingeing. Im sure they seriously think that second division
players should play like Real Madrid every week!!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
My theory is alot first started supporting us when we went to Withdean. Therefore were spoilt with back to back promotions.

Compared to that everything will fall short

Hence the moans

TBH mate you're one of the people i was referring to

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton

Who is moaning?
One thread criticising Barnes for missing chances yesterday that might have given us all 3 points.

Other than that, everything seems quite positive actually. We're top of the league and playing some of the best football we've seen in years.

So why are so many people getting all high and mighty about people being negative?!

it's not the criticism it's the over the top way in which it's done. I notice you have been moderating your tone and attempting to claim the moral high ground recently.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
it's not the criticism it's the over the top way in which it's done. I notice you have been moderating your tone and attempting to claim the moral high ground recently.

Ha, you knob.

Perhaps "I've been moderating my tone" because we're top of the f***ing league?

Would you rather I WAS moaning with literally every post?

Jesus wept.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
TBH mate you're one of the people i was referring to

haha fair enough.

Think thats wide of the mark to be honest but your opinion

**edit**

actually reading your post then frankly its BS. I've never aggresively attacked anyone. Read my post history mate if you want

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We are a home win against Bornmuff away from being (at least) 5 points clear in an automatic promotion spot. But you can absolutely guarantee that whatever happens next week, someone will find something to moan about.

"OK we were aleady 4-1 up, but I still can't believe Barnes hit the post from 30 yards when it looked easier to score".

etc

Bournemouth got a goal? I just knew Ankergren would cost us eventually. It is as bad as the clanger brezovan dropped v wycombe costing us dear in that 5-2 victory. We really need to get a new keeper in. These two clearly aren't up to to it if they keep making errors in games we dominate.

Should probably get rid of elphick and el abd too, leaving the keeper exposed like that.

And, alright, Barnes may have scored a hat-trick, but he missed four sitters (that one when he was forty yards out with his back to goal, that one where the ball was 3 yards over his head, the one where two people were lying right in front of him blocking any potential shot, and the one where the keeper made an inhuman leap to his top corner to save it).

We really need some new players.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Pants are too tight. Restricts blood, raises pressure. That sort of thing. There's a medical name for it. Probably

Oh yes, I have heard of that and its called Talking Bollocks. I understand you can get tablets or cream to relieve the problem.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
That is Heaven compared to the final Goldstone years, Not knowing if we would have a club to support,

Then the trips to Gillingham was a long way from Swindon...

Compared to them times getting wet at Withdean is nothing.

You've nailed it ... we have almost become another Newcastle United with expectations way above reality.... 13 years ago we almost did not exist and none of use would have dreamed of back to back championships (yes I still have that T shirt!) or a play off win... and now one of the most promising managers in British football and a team to match ... okay we could do with a more clinical striker ... but hey, this is the Albion and this is brilliant!!!!!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Who is moaning?

How long you been supporting the Albion? Just to put the other peoples theories to the test?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
How long you been supporting the Albion? Just to put the other peoples theories to the test?

On the one hand, there is a point to the theory: I started supporting when we moved to Withdean.

On the other, it is generally accepted amongst friends and family than i'm a miserable pessimistic sod.

Having said that, I can't quite believe someone has told me off on here for "deliberately" not moaning enough in recent weeks!!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
You've nailed it ... we have almost become another Newcastle United with expectations way above reality.... 13 years ago we almost did not exist and none of use would have dreamed of back to back championships (yes I still have that T shirt!) or a play off win... and now one of the most promising managers in British football and a team to match ... okay we could do with a more clinical striker ... but hey, this is the Albion and this is brilliant!!!!!

Agreed. Newcastle is a good analogy for BHAFC. Many similarities, just a bit further down the league.

Also a loyal fan base, deluded maybe, but who have deserved a lot better over the years.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I think its because North Stand chat is the only thing some people have on here and like to slag people off as they protected behind pc screen.
Face to face i bet most of these people wouldnt say boo to a goose, also obviousally not Brighton fans as the club has in past seasons said the players read the forums.
So comments make obviousally isnt going to help is it.
i just dont get it, but maybe they care for internet image more than they do for how the players feel and react to some stupid comments made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports