Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Constant Negativity

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
We've made a fantastic start to the season. We have a great squad, a great managerand a Chairman who is financing a fantastic stadium which will finally replace our shitty little "temporary" home.

Yet some people are still unrelentingly negative. I'm not talking about a little constructive criticism, I'm talking about a fair few posters who feel the need to aggresively atttack players and directors.

Why do they do this?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Happens at every football club, although Ive always likened BHA fans to Yids.....two of the biggest moaning sets of fans in the country IMO!

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Because they are cocks, and think that we should never lose a game,
probably spoiled teenagers who get everything that they ask mummy for.

I would place a bet that most of the negative posters( if not all ) were not even alive or defiantly not old enough to remember the Goldstone years.

They do not know what the bad times are/were.

We do not need to ban them as everyone is allowed an opinion BUT we can sympathise with them, (in a special way)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To be fair it happens at all clubs. Birmingham had a club record 19 matches at home undefeated until yesterday, and they were booed off by their own fans when Everton dicked them.

Don't get me started on Manchester United either, despite all their trophies their fans can whinge with the best.

It is a lot easier to be half full than half empty though, you just have to look at the tabloids and their constant hand wringing, and it has become increasingly ingrained in everyday behaviour.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Because they are cocks, and think that we should never lose a game,
probably spoiled teenagers who get everything that they ask mummy for.

I would place a bet that most of the negative posters( if not all ) were not even alive or defiantly not old enough to remember the Goldstone years.

They do not know what the bad times are/were.

We do not need to ban them as everyone is allowed an opinion BUT we can sympathise with them, (in a special way)

DARIO :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
My theory is alot first started supporting us when we went to Withdean. Therefore were spoilt with back to back promotions.

Compared to that everything will fall short

Hence the moans

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We are a home win against Bornmuff away from being (at least) 5 points clear in an automatic promotion spot. But you can absolutely guarantee that whatever happens next week, someone will find something to moan about.

"OK we were aleady 4-1 up, but I still can't believe Barnes hit the post from 30 yards when it looked easier to score".

etc

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
What? Like 2 seasons ago? Anyone who's sat in Withers on a wet Saturday in November watching yet another 4-0 defeat under Adams remembers the bad times.

Nope - I'm sticking with the pants hypothesis

That is Heaven compared to the final Goldstone years, Not knowing if we would have a club to support,

Then the trips to Gillingham was a long way from Swindon...

Compared to them times getting wet at Withdean is nothing.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We've made a fantastic start to the season. We have a great squad, a great managerand a Chairman who is financing a fantastic stadium which will finally replace our shitty little "temporary" home.

Yet some people are still unrelentingly negative. I'm not talking about a little constructive criticism, I'm talking about a fair few posters who feel the need to aggresively atttack players and directors.

Why do they do this?

Think you know the answer mate.

1) They are under the age of 21 with a few exceptions.

2) Still live at home.

3) Never seen a snatch in life apart from there mothers

4) Stick them on the ignore and you will see the difference.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Generally there is direct correlation between those that are getting regular sex and those that aren't. In general terms the likes of Withdean Wanderer are getting very little. I am getting loads and we are going to piss this division.

That is Heaven compared to the final Goldstone years, Not knowing if we would have a club to support,

Then the trips to Gillingham was a long way from Swindon...

Compared to them times getting wet at Withdean is nothing.

There's a Monty Python sketch in there, itching to come out. Are you really taking the moral high ground with younger fans just because you're older? You've got a different point of reference to them but it doesn't mean that their feelings are less valid. In some ways when the club was on the brink and we fans became united in doing something about it, there was a real feeling of optimism. That we can make a difference. Compare and contrast to the 9 men Walsall defeat, the Mansfield FA Cup game, the Luton Semi-final where it seemed that we didn't matter to the players or the manager.

I can honestly say that the abject performances of those games and the general malaise at the club at the time was soul-destroying. If that's one of your earliest memories as an Albion fan then I'd say that's pretty bad. Pointless, trying to tell those fans that ...back in the day....and 'don't know you're born'.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What? Like 2 seasons ago? Anyone who's sat in Withers on a wet Saturday in November watching yet another 4-0 defeat under Adams remembers the bad times.

Nope - I'm sticking with the pants hypothesis

Showing your age there. Try being twelve points adrift at the bottom of division 4, with your ground sold and nowhere to play next season.

Those were the bad times, not a few bad perfomances in the third division

Showing your age there. Try being twelve points adrift at the bottom of division 4, with your ground sold and nowhere to play next season.

Those were the bad times, not a few bad perfomances in the third division

Ha! Nope. I was there all the way. The York game, the Mansfield game, the Fans United. f*** me. I remember when we went up to Div 1 and playing Arsenal, looking at the North Stand from the South Stand with all the other kiddies and thinking - I don't remember all those black blokes supporting us last year.

I was there, first 'home' game at Gillingham against Macclesfield (?) and thinking - Christ, is this what it's come to? I'm just saying that it's pointless trying to tell people who weren't there that they should count their blessings. It's all relative innit?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

Why do they do this?

Maybe it's fear of faliure?
Fear of it all going wrong. Fear of the Albion cocking up a promising position.
We all want the Albion to go up this year, it's just some of us handle the 'pressure' of being top better than others.
It's always been a rollercoaster ride with BHA and it probably always will be. That's what makes it exciting!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think Bramblebuster is correct - we all handle the expectation in different ways. Some of us cope by criticising howsoever the warranty of it. That's life. Others always look on the darker days and realise how far we've come etc etc That's people!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Maybe it's fear of faliure?
Fear of it all going wrong. Fear of the Albion cocking up a promising position.
We all want the Albion to go up this year, it's just some of us handle the 'pressure' of being top better than others.
It's always been a rollercoaster ride with BHA and it probably always will be. That's what makes it exciting!

I put it down to simple trolling and nothing more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here