Conspiracy Theory?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I wouldn't bother. Like I said in a post yesterday, these are the kind of idiots we're dealing with. Anybody that can make comments like 'could be one of the dominent forces, if not, the most dominent' is utterly deluded in my opinion. With the likes of Leeds, MK Dons, Leicester with the money they have, how could we be?
He also goes on to say that with the side that finished last season, this was a promotion side?? :thud:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So, the question is, does Dick Knight actually want us in the Championship at the moment?
He has gone on record in the past stating that the club can't afford to function at that level without Falmer.

At the fans forum he stated that the gulf in payments to each club between Championship and League One next season from the FL pot was if I recall correctly £1.5 million or so, as opposed to a few hundred thousand this season. He also stated he wanted to get into the Championship at the earliest opportunity.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I wouldn't bother. Like I said in a post yesterday, these are the kind of idiots we're dealing with. Anybody that can make comments like 'could be one of the dominent forces, if not, the most dominent' is utterly deluded in my opinion. With the likes of Leeds, MK Dons, Leicester with the money they have, how could we be?
He also goes on to say that with the side that finished last season, this was a promotion side?? :thud:

Also the side that finished last season had two loan signings in it and had nowhere near the depth to last the whole season. The man is deluded but the sad thing is he is one of a growing number. Wilkins was not a very good manager whatever he did last season and the same people who complained about him then are probably the ones who are saying we should not have sacked him now.

I don't think Micky Adams should be sacked but even if I did I would get behind the team. Some people on here seem to want us to lose so they can moan more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:thud:

You weren't a fan then when we had a tactically astute manager and managed to win a Championship in a league that had big spending Cardiff and Reading I take it. Your blindness in the Adams fiasco going on at the moment makes you just as much an idiot as the people you are slating as idiots.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You weren't a fan then when we had a tactically astute manager and managed to win a Championship in a league that had big spending Cardiff and Reading I take it. Your blindness in the Adams fiasco going on at the moment makes you just as much an idiot as the people you are slating as idiots.

Bloody hell ICY. That made me have a look at the league table for that season.

We won The Championship of a division that had Reading, Cardiff, Stoke, Bristol City, QPR, Wigan and Blackpool in it.

Three of those teams have now experienced The Premiership (and 2 still are) and the rest are all Championship clubs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bloody hell ICY. That made me have a look at the league table for that season.

We won The Championship of a division that had Reading, Cardiff, Stoke, Bristol City, QPR, Wigan and Blackpool in it.

Three of those teams have now experienced The Premiership (and 2 still are) and the rest are all Championship clubs.

The man who did it for us is now doing the same at Wycombe. Now there was a manager who knew how to organise a team at this level, unlike the current incumbent here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports