Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conspiracy Theory?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Are we all possibly missing out on something here?

I think its fair to say that a lot of you would agree that, had we kept DW in charge of the team, we would now be sitting pretty in a play-off position (at the very least).

He had the side playing some very good football, confidence was high, and Murray hadn't even started scoring then.

So, the question is, does Dick Knight actually want us in the Championship at the moment?
He has gone on record in the past stating that the club can't afford to function at that level without Falmer.

Therefore, bring in Micky, pratt about in League One for 2 seasons, then do whatever it takes to push for promotion the following year.

just a thought!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am really disappointed that Adams is in charge but I don't think it is even remotely possible that this is a conspiracy more a cock up imo. To be filed alongside Jeff Wood, selling Coppell, and not backing McGhee with money in the 2nd Championship season

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think that Knight genuinely thought he was doing the right thing by bringing in Adams. I honestly believed that under Adams we would have done better than under Wilkins - as a good 80-90% of NSC did when he was appointed.

However, it does seem to have gone somewhat wrong. I don't think that under Wilkins we would have been promoted this season, in turn, I don't really believe that Adams will get us promoted either.

I don't believe in conspiracies - the appintment of Adams just didn't bear out as the board thought it would. Having said that, I think we need to stick with Adams for the simple reason that we have had far too many managers over the last 10 years, resulting in the players and style of play being changed far too often.

I know most will probably now want Adams gone - and they make a valid point that he ruined a previously good team, but I don't see how another change of manager will help.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I think its fair to say that a lot of you would agree that, had we kept DW in charge of the team, we would now be sitting pretty in a play-off position (at the very least).

I don't think it's fair to say that at all.

Firstly, do 'a lot' agree? Possibly but there are plenty who don't.

Secondly, finishing 7th one season guarantees absolutely nothing for the next. Apart from four teams who finished above us last season, there were seven new teams in the division, most of whom could be said to have a very good chance of finishing above us given the quality of their players and their spending power.

I was perfectly happy with DW as manager but still thought a top ten finish would be good for this season. OK we are poor at the moment but 'sitting pretty in a play-off position (at the very least)' was, in my opinion, optimistic in the extreme at the beginning of the season.

Sorry, but I can't see a shred of evidence for your conspiracy theory.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He has gone on record in the past stating that the club can't afford to function at that level without Falmer.
Where?

This has been said every season we don't get promoted, when people start banging on about opening the coffers recklessly to bring unnamed numbers of unnamed players in and, with respect, it's never made any sense.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

He had the side playing some very good football, confidence was high, and Murray hadn't even started scoring then.

So, the question is, does Dick Knight actually want us in the Championship at the moment?

Therefore, bring in Micky, pratt about in League One for 2 seasons, then do whatever it takes to push for promotion the following year.

just a thought!!

This whole conspiracy theory thing is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard. How anyone can actually believe that DK sacked Wilkins and brought in Adams to stop us going up is beyond me.

Also, Murray scored 9 in 19 last season. How is that not started scoring. Also our renaissance was based around 2 loan midfielders who both went back to their clubs (Westlake and later on Racon). Who is to say that Wilkins would have done as well last season and we would be up the top?

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Im still happier we have Adams over Wilkins
completely agree.

If we sacked him now then the next manager would have to bring his own players in and we would be set back another six months.
Give him a chance.
All new managers want to bring their own players in and things do take time.
We will be ok this season and right up there next.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
completely agree.

If we sacked him now then the next manager would have to bring his own players in and we would be set back another six months.
Give him a chance.

What has happened at Tottenham would seem to put that theory to bed.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

just a thought!!

Absolutely stupid thing to say. How do you or anyone else know?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
completely agree.

Give him a chance.

I'm sorry, but what exactly now constitutes "a chance".

P18 W4 D7 L7 GD-5 Pts 19
22% win ratio
1.05 pts per game

Many a manager has been replaced with that sort of record.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have you heard the one about the man on the moon? All mocked up in a film studio apparently. Never happened.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
What has happened at Tottenham would seem to put that theory to bed.

Thanks for the entertainment folks.

I've read some unadulterated shite on here over the years, but some of those comments beggar belief.

How anybody can believe that we wouldn't have been strong promotion candidates with the squad that finished last season is, quite frankly, unbelievable.
We were playing some excellent football (the ball actually rolled to a player sometimes) and we WOULD have been a dominant force if not THE dominant force in this division.

Adams has come in and completely ruined the 2 years work Wilkins put in.

We all know what MA can do when he is allowed to build his own squad (because we have all tasted the success). Conversely, we have all seen the total balls up he can achieve when he inherits one - as is the case now.

If Dick's master plan is to allow Adams to gradually change the squad to one of Micky's choosing, then fine. But I doubt that will happen.

What I can see happening, is the side languishing at the lower reaches of a shite division for 3 years.

That will probably suit our finances.

And to those people that don't think Dick has gone on record as saying we can't afford Championship football - you are wrong.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
How anybody can believe that we wouldn't have been strong promotion candidates with the squad that finished last season is, quite frankly, unbelievable.
We were playing some excellent football (the ball actually rolled to a player sometimes) and we WOULD have been a dominant force if not THE dominant force in this division.

I believe that we wouldn't have been strong promotion candidates, with or without DW. I would love us to have been up there but certainly wasn't expecting it.
You are blindly ignoring the strength of other sides both player-wise and financially.

The whole history of football is littered with managers who have finished in a 'hopeful' position one season but not kicked on the next. Why should we be different?

I think if you were able to watch all last seasons matches again in full, 'excellent' football would be the exception rather than the rule.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thanks for the entertainment folks.

I've read some unadulterated shite on here over the years, but some of those comments beggar belief.

Adams has come in and completely ruined the 2 years work Wilkins put in.

We all know what MA can do when he is allowed to build his own squad (because we have all tasted the success). Conversely, we have all seen the total balls up he can achieve when he inherits one - as is the case now.

If Dick's master plan is to allow Adams to gradually change the squad to one of Micky's choosing, then fine. But I doubt that will happen.

What I can see happening, is the side languishing at the lower reaches of a shite division for 3 years.

That will probably suit our finances.

And to those people that don't think Dick has gone on record as saying we can't afford Championship football - you are wrong.

That is complete rubbish. At what point last season did we ever look like we might become "one of the dominant forces" in this division? Was it as we lost to Mansfield in the cup, at home to Port Vale in the league, at Millwall on Boxing Day? We were lucky to finish 7th and at one stage in February looked more likely to go down than get to the play offs.

However, obviously you clearly see in your crystal ball and know differently.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
HAHAHA what a load of BOLLOCKS!

So Adams is in the changing room: "take it easy lads, if they score, great, just look like you're trying but make sure you don't get too many chances on goal in case we actually win a few."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here