Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conspiracy Theory - (Dunk contract & Caicedo)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The Dunk highest player clause has always sounded like bollocks to me. How would anyone know? Why would we reduce our options in this way?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Only because I want this to be true, does anyone else think there's a link between Dunk getting a new deal and Caicedo staying? Dunk must have a best paid clause or something similar so he gets a new deal and Moses gets improved offer, and stays.
Or someone else is coming or has come in on top money?

I thought it was three of them, on the top wage earner clause, Dunk, Gross and Lalana, rumoured to be £90,000 per week each so if we have gone over the £100,000 a week threshold , does it also apply to the other two, and now hopefully Moises?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Or someone else is coming or has come in on top money?

I thought it was three of them, on the top wage earner clause, Dunk, Gross and Lalana, rumoured to be £90,000 per week each so if we have gone over the £100,000 a week threshold , does it also apply to the other two, and now hopefully Moises?

Can't see Milner getting top dollar, so either one in the pipeline or, hopefully, he's staying

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
always struggled to believe a club has a contract to promise a player has the highest salary. doesn't seem a sensible way to structure wages, limiting other pay negotiations.
Many wrestlers have confirmed it's the way they used to do things in the WWF back in the 90s.

But then you did say sensible.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Dunk hasn’t had an improved contract for three years. He didn’t , for example, get a new deal when Lallana arrived in 2021.
You are correct that Dunk hasn’t had a new deal for 3 years, however Lallana joined in July 2020 and Dunk signed a new deal a few weeks later in August 2020.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think it’s well known that Dunky has a clause in his contract in terms of being the highest paid player at the club.

Always amazes me that people think they know what is in a PRIVATE contract.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Obvious they are paying Dunk what Caicedo will be getting at Chelsea (y)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Here we go! Dunk rumoured to have MFN clause in contract that has been triggered by Moises Caicedo’s reported record breaking £110k a week 5-year contract extension. Dunk pushed for parity as per contract terms. Club acted to ward off suitors but further ongoing talks expected with anyone tagged top six even if they’re non-Euro qualified.
Is this a rumour you have or a joke?!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here we go! Dunk rumoured to have MFN clause in contract that has been triggered by Moises Caicedo’s reported record breaking £110k a week 5-year contract extension. Dunk pushed for parity as per contract terms. Club acted to ward off suitors but further ongoing talks expected with anyone tagged top six even if they’re non-Euro qualified.
I am sensing a withering tone in your post.

If so, I agree. Because our club does not make public information on contracts. And blabbermouths get short shrift

The highest paid player myth started many years ago and numerous (Stephens, Knocky, Dunk and even Duffy) have been mentioned as being on this particular scheme.

I suspect it is all bollocks.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Whilst there’s obviously no way of knowing for sure, I can see the highest earner clause being true.

If every contract Dunk has signed since 2014 hadn’t been concurrent then he’d be contracted until 2046, which seems a tad excessive.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Hard to join the dots, to be honest. Dunk will be 32 in November. Caicedo will 22 in November. They're at opposite ends of their respective careers. Dunk must be approaching the 'take it or leave it' contract stage of his career shirley, whereas Caicedo is only just getting started
it's odd that rdz wanted to extend the contract of a defender that, i think you described as, "statue-esque".

if i'm honest, i'm starting to think that you don't know everything about modern football, after all

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Written (poorly, obviously) in our favourite twitter transfer scooping ‘journo’ stylee. It’s a pisstake. Got no f***ing idea. Just like everyone else!😂
Ah I did think maybe that was it but didn’t want to assume!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'd heard that it's to accommodate the terms agreed with Colwill. Just fee to agree and here we go.

If that comes off I'll make another one up. Before you know it I'll be famous.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I actually though USG signing Kevin was more of a conspiracy theory - Alexis: "I'll sign a new deal, get you some more cash when I leave, but give my brother a job over in Europe pretty please with cherries on top"

If Dunk has a highest earner clause (and rightly so, as captain) it wouldn't need a new contract with extended terms.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Only because I want this to be true, does anyone else think there's a link between Dunk getting a new deal and Caicedo staying? Dunk must have a best paid clause or something similar so he gets a new deal and Moses gets improved offer, and stays.
Only if Dunk has a "you have to match what Chelsea pay when they take one of our players" clause in his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here