Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conspiracy Theory - (Dunk contract & Caicedo)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Only because I want this to be true, does anyone else think there's a link between Dunk getting a new deal and Caicedo staying? Dunk must have a best paid clause or something similar so he gets a new deal and Moses gets improved offer, and stays.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only because I want this to be true, does anyone else think there's a link between Dunk getting a new deal and Caicedo staying? Dunk must have a best paid clause or something similar so he gets a new deal and Moses gets improved offer, and stays.
Hard to join the dots, to be honest. Dunk will be 32 in November. Caicedo will 22 in November. They're at opposite ends of their respective careers. Dunk must be approaching the 'take it or leave it' contract stage of his career shirley, whereas Caicedo is only just getting started

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I think it’s well known that Dunky has a clause in his contract in terms of being the highest paid player at the club.

I see it as more of a change of stance with wages and potential incomings earning more than he was on under his previous contract.

Let’s hope that’s the case.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Struggling to see a link here. Dunk is going to finish his playing career with us and has been rewarded with an improved contract, Caicedo will be off once we get his replacement in. Remember, PBOBE said that anyone can leave IF it suits the clubs best interest

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think it’s well known that Dunky has a clause in his contract in terms of being the highest paid player at the club.

I see it as more of a change of stance with wages and potential incomings earning more than he was on under his previous contract.

Not so sure. It sounds like a Chinese whisper rumour that people take as fact a bit. Guess we’ll never know. An in-Albion clause if it is true though - but so was the Ali Mac mechanism clause - probably had no choice if it’s in there and wanted to keep the player.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

I think that’s the most likely explanation too

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Here we go! Dunk rumoured to have MFN clause in contract that has been triggered by Moises Caicedo’s reported record breaking £110k a week 5-year contract extension. Dunk pushed for parity as per contract terms. Club acted to ward off suitors but further ongoing talks expected with anyone tagged top six even if they’re non-Euro qualified.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Struggling to see a link here. Dunk is going to finish his playing career with us and has been rewarded with an improved contract, Caicedo will be off once we get his replacement in. Remember, PBOBE said that anyone can leave IF it suits the clubs best interest

He did, but what IF, PBOBE feels, along with Uncle Tony, that the best interest is to pay Caicedo more and keep him for another year, hence bumping up Dunk's money, and we have them both this season coming?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Would Dunk have to sign a new deal if his current deal has a clause in it that means he is top, or equal top, earner?

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Would Dunk have to sign a new deal if his current deal has a clause in it that means he is top, or equal top, earner?
....new contract to reward him to take the "highest paid clause" out.......which then leaves the wage structure wide open for some short-term, crazy, euro-chasing free agents to drop into the team...........

.......Ron.....Rash......Nay......

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
always struggled to believe a club has a contract to promise a player has the highest salary. doesn't seem a sensible way to structure wages, limiting other pay negotiations.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I take it as wanting to tie down a key player to a longer contract. Nobody deserves it more than the Captain.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

You mean it's a well known load of bollox no one here knows anything about.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Milner.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Surely if Dunk really did have a clause saying he's highest paid player, then he wouldn't have to be given a new contract to receive the extra £.

Also, I don't think it is well known. More a case of an unsubstantiated rumour that's been repeated enough to have become accepted as fact.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here