Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Conservatory dismantling & removal

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
We have a large aluminium conservatory which needs to be dismantled and removed prior to a new brick extension being built.

Can NSC recommend a firm based on a positive prior experience? We're in Brighton, near to Varndean College.

And if anyone wants it free of charge, I'm happy to provide photos. It's double-glazed, with a pair of French doors on one side and bifold doors in the centre. The previous owners of our house had it installed at high cost a decade ago, but our needs are different to theirs, hence the need to remove. Only stipulation is to have it gone before September 4th.

External dimensions:

Length: 615cm
Depth: 357cm
Height (front): 242cm
Height (rear): 330cm

Alas, this doesn't qualify for the #fiveminutejob category.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Houses with conservatories are usually worth less than ones without ! Very 1980’s which isn’t desirable nowadays . Obviously a proper extension is the best way to add significant value .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Houses with conservatories are usually worth less than ones without ! Very 1980’s which isn’t desirable nowadays . Obviously a proper extension is the best way to add significant value .
🤡

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I had a couple of experienced Polish guys take mine down. Sadly they went home during covid.
BUT you say French doors. I had the same and they fitted the hole left in the wall perfectly. Everything else, despite being high quality glazing, was thrown in a skip as I couldn't give it away.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
How have you devalued a house with a conservatory? I have a conservatory AND an extension....neither were built in the 80's:shrug:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Wish you’d told me! Just spent 8 months completely rebuilding our conservatory and utility room from the concrete floor up, stopped counting the cost at 12k !! I thought it looked half decent, only to learn now that my gaff is worth less than it was before I started !! You really ought to share these snippets of wisdom more widely to prevent others wasting their time and hard earn’t cash on white elephants, have to demolish it now to recoup any losses I must have made. I’ll never see that cash I blew building the thing again that’s for sure ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wish you’d told me! Just spent 8 months completely rebuilding our conservatory and utility room from the concrete floor up, stopped counting the cost at 12k !! I thought it looked half decent, only to learn now that my gaff is worth less than it was before I started !! You really ought to share these snippets of wisdom more widely to prevent others wasting their time and hard earn’t cash on white elephants, have to demolish it now to recoup any losses I must have made. I’ll never see that cash I blew building the thing again that’s for sure ?
I wouldn’t worry. I imagine the poster has half read an article in the Mirror.

Conservatory companies are still in business I believe 🤣

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
We have a large aluminium conservatory which needs to be dismantled and removed prior to a new brick extension being built.

Can NSC recommend a firm based on a positive prior experience? We're in Brighton, near to Varndean College.

And if anyone wants it free of charge, I'm happy to provide photos. It's double-glazed, with a pair of French doors on one side and bifold doors in the centre. The previous owners of our house had it installed at high cost a decade ago, but our needs are different to theirs, hence the need to remove. Only stipulation is to have it gone before September 4th.

External dimensions:

Length: 615cm
Depth: 357cm
Height (front): 242cm
Height (rear): 330cm

Alas, this doesn't qualify for the #fiveminutejob category.
Are the builders you have contracted to build the extension not interested in demolishing the conservatory?
I have, in the past, taken down several conservatories prior to building extensions, but ,alas, I am now too old to take this on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don’t read post #18 :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here