Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conservatives to push forward on manifesto and scrap Human Rights Act

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've argued this before but it seems the right thread to repeat it. I think that if we have a Human Rights Act then we have a Human Responsibilities Act also that runs alongside and has equal if not greater weighting. Put simply, you can't bring a claim under the Human Rights Act or other lesser acts until you have satisfied certain criteria:

• Were your actions prior to you being wronged reasonable and proportionate?
  • Was the outcome predictable?
  • Did you take reasonable steps to protect yourself and/or others?
  • Were your intentions lawful?
  • For what purpose are you bringing the claim?
  • Is a monetary outcome fair and if so where should it go?

So...if you get pissed and fall down a manhole...tough titty. Break into a factory and hurt yourself...tough luck. You ordered a hot drink and spilled it down yourself...accidents happen. And more seriously...if you go to prison for a serious offence and then get compensation because of some injustice whilst in there then fix the injustice and give the payment to the offender's victim. You come to the UK from another country and preach hatred and incite terrorism within the UK then you can't complain if we send you back.

Too many people so damn quick to claim their rights and so slow to admit any responsibility. This approach could sweep away the worst excesses of the risk-averse Nanny state, it would put an end to ambulance chasing and to people playing the system and profiting from it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Agenda

I think the Conservatives want a medieval British Empire. Farage on the other hand wants a primitive state with weregold and trial by ordeal. I am liberal to a degree but .....

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here