[Albion] Conor Gallagher ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm...hard working, but in a dog-chasing-a-balloon kind of way. Plenty of enthusiasm but not much quality IMO. He stood out at Palace of course because the rest of their team is utter dreck. I don't see him fitting into an RDZ system, I don't think he has the intelligence.
Yep, think this is how I've always viewed him. A sort of Craig Mackail-Smith for the 2020s: full of enthusiasm, will run around in circles all day and get supporters of a team with otherwise poor quality midfielders excited, but stick him in a more cultured midfield and I'm not sure he's quite enough. Chelsea fans think he's pretty ordinary, and when you consider how crap they were last season, that's quite the insult.

I can't believe he's still being picked for England after the season he's just had, but then again, as we know well, you only need five good games for Crystal Palace once in your career to attract Gareth's attention.

I suppose, as Bozza has pointed out, it would annoy Palace, so it would almost be worth £30m just to see their little faces. Still a lot of money for a bloke to sit on the bench and come on when Lallana is injured though (albeit that would be quite a lot).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's a certain amount of transfer reporting - happens all summer - where a player pops up and then it will say Brighton, Brentford , Newcastle and West Ham are amongst the clubs interested. Of course none of these transfers ever seem to happen.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Only if you can find a song that rhymes with Connor or Gallagher.

Thems the rules

The closest I can get is squeezing:

Toniiiight Con-nor Ga-lla-gher

Into Rock n Roll star
I think this rule of yours might be holding you back. Plenty of songs work without any rhyming of the name, simply matching number of syllables is enough.

William Buckley runs down the wing for me.
Who's that man from Argentina?
We've got Knockaert
And of course the lyrical triumph that is Solly, Solly March

Songs invented on NSC don't get sung as a rule, but I get that a few of us enjoy creating them, so why hamper ourselves?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep, think this is how I've always viewed him. A sort of Craig Mackail-Smith for the 2020s: full of enthusiasm, will run around in circles all day and get supporters of a team with otherwise poor quality midfielders excited, but stick him in a more cultured midfield and I'm not sure he's quite enough. Chelsea fans think he's pretty ordinary, and when you consider how crap they were last season, that's quite the insult.

I can't believe he's still being picked for England after the season he's just had, but then again, as we know well, you only need five good games for Crystal Palace once in your career to attract Gareth's attention.

I suppose, as Bozza has pointed out, it would annoy Palace, so it would almost be worth £30m just to see their little faces. Still a lot of money for a bloke to sit on the bench and come on when Lallana is injured though (albeit that would be quite a lot).
It may initially annoy Palace, but then when he starts stinking the place out, they'd be laughing up their sleeves.
"RDZ doesn't know how to use him", "He doesn't really want to be there", etc etc...

I'd rather we just keep finishing miles above them, to really rub their noses deep into the shit sandwich that they are having to choke on by watching us disappear into the distance, on and off the field. Yes, that'll do nicely.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He doesn't really seem like our kind of signing. Already quite well known, a full international (somehow), will be expensive as Chelsea need money.

I'm calling bollocks on this one, having given it some thought.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He looked palaces most dangerous player when we played them. I think he’d add some squad depth for our European campaign so as long as the fee/wages are within the corridor of reasonableness then yes, why not.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm also doubtful.

A decent player and will weight in with a few goals and tackles and will work hard, but i'm not putting him with Tony's algorithm's or carrying out Roberto's very specific playing style.

I have no doubt Chelsea will want us to be interested, as they can use him as a makeweight for Caicedo rather than Colwill. I don't think we'll take the bait. And the possibility he might go to Villa? Well, I just don't think we'll care.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think this rule of yours might be holding you back. Plenty of songs work without any rhyming of the name, simply matching number of syllables is enough.

William Buckley runs down the wing for me.
Who's that man from Argentina?
We've got Knockaert
And of course the lyrical triumph that is Solly, Solly March

Songs invented on NSC don't get sung as a rule, but I get that a few of us enjoy creating them, so why hamper ourselves?
I am only interested in the mind-crushing process of trying to work out what early 2000s boyband pop song I can shoe horn Joao Pedro into.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Hmmm...hard working, but in a dog-chasing-a-balloon kind of way. Plenty of enthusiasm but not much quality IMO. He stood out at Palace of course because the rest of their team is utter dreck. I don't see him fitting into an RDZ system, I don't think he has the intelligence.
This and wages.............Dr No is in the building!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Good player but compatible with our system I’m not sure? Head down and run will attract the RDZ whistle very quickly

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
We are exploring the option which tells me we can afford wages. I don't think we would go for it if we couldn't afford it.

OR..... We could be working with Chelsea to drive the price up so we get Colwill. 😱😱

OR..... We are doing it to piss Palace off. 😱😱

Ohh, the drama.....
Hopefully both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports