Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conor Gallagher ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This is quite a selective stat. What is it trying to tell us? Or make us think? There must be plenty of others who have in excess of 20 for most of these but maybe not all. Harry Kane has 21 goals for example, so must have quite a healthy “shots” tally.
I think it is quite a good example of a player that has the ability to do most things, If it was an easy task he wouldn't be the only one to have done it.

A selective stat would be based on one, like
The Kane one you mentioned.

I'm not sold on him, but he's clearly a good player.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Genuinely don’t know how anyone can say Gilmour has a vastly superior football brain to Gallagher? Add to these stats that Gallagher has 13 career PL goals to Gilmour’s 0 and 10 career PL assists to Gilmour’s 3.

BA4F39E8-B2B3-40D1-98B4-548AA6BEF864.png
266DB82B-B3EE-4110-A984-D184B669958A.png

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Genuinely don’t know how anyone can say Gilmour has a vastly superior football brain to Gallagher? Add to these stats that Gallagher has 13 career PL goals to Gilmour’s 0 and 10 career PL assists to Gilmour’s 3.

View attachment 172063View attachment 172064

I love stats.

If they didn't get in each other's way that's a lovely centre mid pair .... Won't happen of course.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do those calling for us to sign Gallagher actually watch how we play and the style that RDZ is imposing on the team. From what I've seen of Gallagher he'd be a fish out of water in our team.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it is quite a good example of a player that has the ability to do most things, If it was an easy task he wouldn't be the only one to have done it.

I feel it’s selective and without context. What’s the average for these various attributes? If it’s 40 then he’s a well below the average for each skill. You need to provide some context.

For example who’s the better player from my example?

Player Shooting Tackling Passing Dribbling
A 80 80 80 17
B. 80 90 80 18
Conor 20 20 20 20

Conor is the only player to score twenty or more for all the attributes, as per your post, but the other two seem better. I appreciate this is an extreme example but it’s often easier to show flaws in statistics this way. You need to provide some context.

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

You clearly are. And those stats tho many are selective and prepared with an objective of bigging up an average player

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Do those calling for us to sign Gallagher actually watch how we play and the style that RDZ is imposing on the team. From what I've seen of Gallagher he'd be a fish out of water in our team.
This is the key point. The stats can be setup to show anything

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
One thing I will say is we defo missed a Caicedo type player. Gallagher is not him. Nor is Kalvin P of City

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
@Farehamseagull has highlighted that Gilmour and Gallagher are completely different types pf CM’s.

Gallagher an allrounder with pace, or DM if needs be.

Gilmour is a passer and in form can set the team’s tempo. He has little pace at PL level and lacks DM attributes.
Can’t believe anyone drew a comparison to the 2 - like comparing Lewis Hamilton’s stats to Barry from Super Karts 🤷🏻‍♂️

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Would this guy fill the hole?

Based on the video, yes. But, then, I thought Mo was the most RDZ player I had ever seen based on videos, and now I am uncertain he is gonna make it with us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here