Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conor Gallagher ?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He was excellent for Palace but would be underwhelming if he came here. Wouldn’t happen as he’s not technically good enough. Combatative though definitely
Wasn’t he good for half a season ? Scored a few up until Christmas and then didn’t really do much.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I read somewhere that the reason he can’t get a kick for Pep’s City side is because he has zero football IQ, he simply cannot understand the patterns and systems required be of any benefit. If that’s the case then he’d be of little use to RDZ.
Deleted, someone already made the obvious gag!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just a premier league version of CMS for me. Lots of running but what does he really do with the ball?
Indeed. Lots of effort but his third touch is a tackle. Major skill/talent deficiency and no composure but runs around a lot and has lovely hair.

No wonder Spurs are interested. He'd fit right in.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
O like him cost more than he is worth but great player and i think he would fit in well in our team?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
For a start, we’re not signing him. He’s just not the sort of player we sign for the big money it will take.

BUT, he’s being hugely under rated on here as always happens with English players we know from other PL clubs talked about as potential signings - the change in tone in the Ross Barkley thread these past few days from the start is funny. See also Welbeck and Lallana threads and many other examples over the years.

Gallagher is a very good player and would be an excellent signing for us. He’d be an upgrade on Gilmour straight away - look at their stats for this season as an example. His passing is decent. He creates chances and wins the balls back, scores goals, has energy and physicality. The thing about his third touch being a tackle is just not true. Yes he gives away a few fouls with rash challenges but so does Dunk and for everything else he brings he would improve our team.

And the CMS comparison is just boring, lazy nonsense as they have similar hair.

Would love us to sign him but not happening.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
For a start, we’re not signing him. He’s just not the sort of player we sign for the big money it will take.

BUT, he’s being hugely under rated on here as always happens with English players we know from other PL clubs talked about as potential signings - the change in tone in the Ross Barkley thread these past few days from the start is funny. See also Welbeck and Lallana threads and many other examples over the years.

Gallagher is a very good player and would be an excellent signing for us. He’d be an upgrade on Gilmour straight away - look at their stats for this season as an example. His passing is decent. He creates chances and wins the balls back, scores goals, has energy and physicality. The thing about his third touch being a tackle is just not true. Yes he gives away a few fouls with rash challenges but so does Dunk and for everything else he brings he would improve our team.

Upgrade on Gilmour? Beauty of football is the range of opinions I guess. Gilmour has a footballing brain Gallagher could only dream about imo, but I know you are not alone on here in not rating Gilmour. Currently he’s my favourite player though.

The CMS comparison goes beyond the hair, chasing around, often like a headless chicken is also a valid comparison.

In fairness Gallagher does occasionally have a very good shot on him, something that continues to evade Wee Billy

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Upgrade on Gilmour? Beauty of football is the range of opinions I guess. Gilmour has a footballing brain Gallagher could only dream about imo, but I know you are not alone on here in not rating Gilmour. Currently he’s my favourite player though.

The CMS comparison goes beyond the hair, chasing around, often like a headless chicken is also a valid comparison.
The headless chicken thing is not fair, again, it’s just because he has similar hair and great energy so gets around the pitch a lot. He wins the ball back a lot doing that too. I don’t see the headless chicken and he wouldn’t have got to where he has in the game if he didn’t have a footballing brain.

I certainly do not think Gilmour has a far advanced football brain. Gilmour’s lack of defensive awareness can be quite poor and he also makes bad decisions with the ball at times. I think Gilmour is a decent player and a great part of the squad for us but generally a bit over rated on here and I personally prefer Gallagher as a player. He would offer us more of a defensive shield that we’re missing in midfield at the moment as well as more attacking threat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I personally prefer Gallagher as a player. He would offer us more of a defensive shield that we’re missing in midfield at the moment as well as more attacking threat.
I have to say, you see a lot more in Gallagher than me.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

Good post. So many clueless people on here saying he is rubbish. Just look at the stats.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Clueless comments. He is so far off being a RDZ player it would speed the latter’s exit. He has way too little passing talent and way too much headless chicken. He is worth half what they are asking at most and Billy is by far the better player. There is a reason his nickname is Galla-dog.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The headless chicken thing is not fair, again, it’s just because he has similar hair and great energy so gets around the pitch a lot. He wins the ball back a lot doing that too. I don’t see the headless chicken and he wouldn’t have got to where he has in the game if he didn’t have a footballing brain.

I certainly do not think Gilmour has a far advanced football brain. Gilmour’s lack of defensive awareness can be quite poor and he also makes bad decisions with the ball at times. I think Gilmour is a decent player and a great part of the squad for us but generally a bit over rated on here and I personally prefer Gallagher as a player. He would offer us more of a defensive shield that we’re missing in midfield at the moment as well as more attacking threat.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but you clearly don’t watch either player very carefully

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here