Connor Wickham

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bridcutt and Buckley I combined have contributed very little to the cause this season and we are more than halfway through and in a good position... I think if we can cover Buckley by getting Conway( or likewise) and get someone in to cover Crofts, with any money we received + the Barnes money. Then getting Wickham on loan until the end of the season, including play offs with an option to buy if promoted, makes perfect sense. If this all comes to pass, we are a shoe in for top 6.

U have a fair case there..although.. .I like Conway but would rather.see that guy from Bro com...he has pace apparently and would be more of a direct replacement.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
On the bench tonight......probably told Gus he was not focussed for the game!

Substitutes
08 Gardner
09 Fletcher
10 Wickham
12 Celustka
23 Giaccherini
27 Vergini
32 Ustari

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We desperately need someone like Wickham. I would have swapped him for Bridcutt and Buckley. Trouble is the creativity issue would still remain.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Did I read that he has gone back to Wednesday? Would be wonderful to have him at The Albion

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he still at Sunderland? If so, can we dream about a loan or would Gus rather poke himself in the eye with red hot needles before he'd let him come here?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is he still at Sunderland? If so, can we dream about a loan or would Gus rather poke himself in the eye with red hot needles before he'd let him come here?

I would estimate our chances as somewhere between 0 and 0.000000001!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
TransfersNewsNow ‏@Transfers365 37s
BREAKING! Leeds have reached an agreement with Sunderland for Connor Wickham and will take the striker on loan for the rest of the season

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shame it wasn't part of the Bridcutt deal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe their scouts look at the Premier League and the Chamionship rather than who was good for Yeovil four years ago?

Or because some players think that with Cellino shelling out £25M for 75% of the club he will be flush with plenty of cash and they'll gladly jump aboard the LUFC gravy train.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Maybe their scouts look at the Premier League and the Chamionship rather than who was good for Yeovil four years ago?

It does seem very odd that a club who have no concrete boardroom amid financial uncertainties can afford two players of this caliber - I doubt very much they came cheap! What I would give to have Wickham in our squad for Milwall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports