Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connolly

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So... to sum up... if reports are true we seem to got rid of all the strong characters and leaders and been left with a squad of midget bitches handbagging each other in training.

I believe Danny Cullip still works for the club in some capacity. Couldn't he be promoted to the position of Chief Whip / Dwarf Slapper Downer?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So... to sum up... if reports are true we seem to got rid of all the strong characters and leaders and been left with a squad of midget bitches handbagging each other in training.

I believe Danny Cullip still works for the club in some capacity. Couldn't he be promoted to the position of Chief Whip / Dwarf Slapper Downer?

Could always put them in stocks and throw wet sponges at them, Butters style:whistle:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Every tiny incident, social media post, ‘club leak’, press comment or a mere sideways glance from a player or facial expression in a photograph is over-interpreted to a ridiculous degree these days, with so many people drawing all sorts of conclusions and making daft assumptions based on, often, two bits short of basically naff-all. It’s laughable.

....and if Connolly is a bit Billy BB then at least he has that characteristic of most goalscorers. He’s still not nailed the scoring goals bit for me yet though. Can see him being 4th choice striker behind Maupay, Welbeck and Zeqiri soon.

think his running and ability to distract defenders is underrated and that is his main strength and contribution . Think Maupay and Trossard benefit from it. We looking more cohesive going forward when he has played. maybe thats because its 2 upfront rather than 1 but we will see.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've heard from someone who knows him that he likes a drink. Not that that has stopped others being very good footballers.

Maybe he’s feeling a bit lost now that Duffy and Stephens have departed?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Murray implied a couple of weeks back that Connolly had got a bit ahead of himself after things all came very quickly for him last year after his introduction to the first team.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
meh, I still think we are a better side when Connelly plays with Maupay.

Crack on gents and sort it out is my advice.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
For someone who hasn’t scored many goals, whose main attribute is trying hard, and who seems to have quite the ego, Connolly gets an easy ride on here.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We're just desperate for a 'home grown' striker to come good aren't we? Some of us are still banking on Jake Robinson becoming the new Michael Owen!

:lol: Jakey’s still banging them in, you know.
Connolly might become the striker we want, but right now he’s not as good as I suspect he thinks he is

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think collectively it is a good message to send to the squad that those applying themselves in training and supporting the progress that the manager is trying to develop will get game time. Sanchez starting sends the right sort of message that anyone in the squad has a chance if they work hard

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It could be the '' Big Bollocks '' part of him that is affecting his shooting accuracy in front of goal

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Watching & listening to Connolly speak after his fifa computer games he did last season , he does come across as very full of himself . The problem is he is nowhere near the level to justify such an opinion of himself . Score 15 goals this season & his cockiness might be justified !

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I actually met him a few years ago and had a decent chat to him.
There was none of the alleged attitude then, he come across as a decent young chap and eager to please.
I suppose people can change, but I'd be surprised :thumbsup:

Maybe it is since he got his pouty wag Instagram loving girlfriend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here